cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK ebay international standard delivery tracking showed in customs now shows label created not sent

Has anyone else had this happen:

I sent a package to UK using ebays international standard delivery on 2/10/21.  Buyer asked for update and I looked on 3/19/21 showed in customs for clearance.  I thought that was supposed to be taken care of with this type of shipping but anyways...on 3/24/21 buyer opened a case for non-delivery and even though tracking is there ebay makes you upload again, which I did.  Now when I check tracking it shows label created, never sent.   It's like when I uploaded the info again, it deleted the tracking.   I have screenshots showing the packages journey until 3/3/21 being in clearance.  Now they have given buyer back her money and I was going to upload the screen shots and I just went in and it says my appeal has been denied, when I never even appealed it.  Anyone ever had any luck getting ebay to help them out with anything - ever?  I was on phone for an hour with a rep who I had a translation issue with, she just couldn't understand the whole situation and just kept telling me I never sent it.  ALSO...it says the shipping charge should show in my ebay account and it doesn't.  It was $`100 shipping and it is not in there.  In addition, when I go to my shipping labels page this is the only transaction that on the left side shows no item number and on the right side, gives you no option to reprint label.  This was a lot of money !!HELP!!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: UK ebay international standard delivery tracking showed in customs now shows label created not

@drygoodies 

Try one of these, enter esus number:

trackmyshipment.com or webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: UK ebay international standard delivery tracking showed in customs now shows label created not

so this is what it shows on ebay, I uploaded tracking when package was mailed on 2/8/21 but ebay only shows tracking updated 3/24? 
 Tracking details

USPS tracking #ESUS34144736
Mar 24, 2021
8:40pm
Tracking number provided 
 and this is what it shows on DHL - the buyer told me heathrow called her and told her customs were owed - i thought with ebay international standard shipping that was all taken care of.  Anyway...ebay has refunded buyer and I have a feeling buyer got the package.  Not sure why nothing has been updated since 3/3 or if it was picked up then.
ESUS34144736

En Route

IN CLEARANCE PROCESSING
Wed, March 3, 2021 at 12:00 PM
HEATHROW, GB

ERLANGER, KY 41018
UNITED STATES
To:
WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE WF1 5RX
UNITED KINGDOM
Mar 3, 2021
HEATHROW, GB
IN CLEARANCE PROCESSING
Melrose Park, IL, US
PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN
Feb 19, 2021

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

so this is what it shows on ebay

@drygoodies 

It is my understanding that parcels with the  ESUS prefix do not track appropriately on USPS and thus on eBay.  That is why I suggested to try the other two tracking options.   

The eBay bot driven claim system may only be looking at the eBay information, which indeed may be inaccurate. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

the buyer told me heathrow called her and told her customs were owed - i thought with ebay international standard shipping that was all taken care of.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buyers pay customs up front if the seller is shipping by GSP, otherwise, the buyer has to pay the customs when the item reaches it's destination.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It hasn't moved since 3/3 so they gave the buyer back her money.  I am hoping my postmaster can find out something.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hello,

Reaching out again - when I use trackmyshipment.com it won't work now and they have refunded the buyer and it hasd showed it was in customs at Heathrow.  Could it have possibly been delivered?  HELP!!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

dhl shows this still - any idea how to get them to deliver

THe buyer will not call heathrow customs I've asked her, I'm wondering why - she has her money back but genuinely seemed to want the items.   She has told me to call.  Is USPS able to help me since I paid them for the shipment and now it's not being delivered nor is it being returned to me.  Should it be returned?

En Route
IN CLEARANCE PROCESSING
Wed, March 3, 2021 at 12:00 PM
HEATHROW, GB

ERLANGER, KY 41018
UNITED STATES
To:
WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE WF1 5RX
UNITED KINGDOM

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I realise the original issue is years past but I write this with the hope it can help anyone with a similar problem.

The main selling point of the GSP (Global Shipping Programme) is it's fully insured, the downside is it can introduce some confusion from buyers who don't understand there's two shipping steps and it definitely is a bit slower.

If the package fails to get to its destination this is supposed to be covered by eBay, the correct step is to have the buyer open a case and explain that this is covered by the GSP, once it's escalated it 'should' be reviewed and resolved with the buyer being refunded and the seller getting to keep the sale proceeds.

Do remember though as the seller you'll need to step in if something goes wrong, if it goes badly the default action is to refund the buyer and deduct from the seller, so try and avoid letting that happen by neglecting the issue. I've gone through it a several times, there's been a couple of times I needed to contact eBay support directly to get it resolved but  the majority of times eBay did a good job resolving it.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply