cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo crashing

When I try to download the program updates by Turbo crashes.  I have tried this in my new compter with Windows 10 and my old one with Windows 10.  Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Turbo crashing

I have unchecked everything but I still get the message stating Turbo has quit downloading. Windows will send me a solution when it is available. That's why I think the problem is with Turbo and Windows 10.
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@vintagebev wrote:
I have unchecked everything but I still get the message stating Turbo has quit downloading. Windows will send me a solution when it is available. That's why I think the problem is with Turbo and Windows 10.

You might want to take your question over to the Tools & Apps Board where someone from Ebay does read posts and help with Turbo Lister problems.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@lookng2015

@lookng2015 wrote:
That no longer supporting it got pushed back because they can't apparently figure out how to get Turbo's "functionality' into the Hub

There is no way they will ever get Turbo's functionality into The Hub, it's a pipe dream.

Turbo will save your old listings for as long as you want.

This is real handy, I just found a second of an item I sold 3 years ago.

I can be relisted in nothing flat.

I had 30 differen Timken bearings to list.

I make a basic listing, sans PN and price, but all other info.

Then just hit duplicate, boom, just like that I have 30 pre filled ready to go listings.

Just add PN and price, and I am ready to roll.

The way it is now ebay only keeps your sold items for 60-90 days.  then purge.

And I think on ebay you are limited, to the numbers of draft items, and I think they purge also.

ebay will never add the server space to keep this info on file for all sellers, for life.

If ebay fixed the TL glitches, I would gladly pay a nominal fee.

But only on a month by month basis.

I do most of my listing in the winter, and slow down in the summer.

Turbo users like you and me know that but eBay seems unconvinced lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@mistwomandancing wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I read that they are no longer supporting this, could that be why?

That's what I thought might be the answer to her problem with TL, but some here are saying TurboLister is still updating for them, so... don't kow. 

Did not know that, Mist, that is strange.  

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
That no longer supporting it got pushed back because they can't apparently figure out how to get Turbo's "functionality' into the Hub

Thank you lookng, did not know that.  I guess it will be "soon"!

Ok, I will go to my room now.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

This is the message I received from Ebay

As you may know, eBay announced in the fall 2016 seller update that Turbo Lister would no longer be supported starting in June 2017 and key functionality would be available in Seller Hub.

We understand from our conversations and surveys that for some of you, a few of the Turbo Lister features you rely on are not yet available in Seller Hub. In keeping with our promise, Turbo Lister will continue to be available beyond June with limited support.

What this means is that Turbo Lister users can continue to use the tool and contact customer support and the Community Board with questions. However, Turbo Lister is no longer available to new users and we will not be making any product updates beyond support for category changes.
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@vintagebev wrote:
This is the message I received from Ebay

As you may know, eBay announced in the fall 2016 seller update that Turbo Lister would no longer be supported starting in June 2017 and key functionality would be available in Seller Hub.

We understand from our conversations and surveys that for some of you, a few of the Turbo Lister features you rely on are not yet available in Seller Hub. In keeping with our promise, Turbo Lister will continue to be available beyond June with limited support.

What this means is that Turbo Lister users can continue to use the tool and contact customer support and the Community Board with questions. However, Turbo Lister is no longer available to new users and we will not be making any product updates beyond support for category changes.

So they said they would no longer be making product updates after June but yet in July 2017 I got several product updates plus a number of data updates.  I just got a data update today plus I think they are planning another product update to get rid of the ability to watermark photos in Turbo Lister.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I'm on Win7 and mine crashes when updating too.

Oddly, it goes through the install and crashes at the very end. I closed the program, waited a minute and reopened it. Although it crashed, the things that needed updating like Item Specifics fields are there.

I've done some Store Category shuffling, and although it crashes, the changes take. Weird.
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for this information.  As long as it's updating, I can live with the messages and the crashing.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

There were some threads in Tools&Apps (and IIRC Technical Issues) about this. No absolute universal solutions, but some success.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/Turbo-Lister-update-failure/td-p/27145276

With Win10 you have to update as an administrator, and recommendations were to update in 2 steps: uncheck "data updates", let the application update do its thing, then check for updates again after it restarts and apply the data updates.

I was having update crash issues with TurboLister under WinXP with the "data updates" option grayed out and not deselectable. I'd given up trying, but sometime in July or August the Turbo Team must have pushed a newer update that addressed that issue. Was able to check for updates, deselect data updates, and do the application update and then data update as outlined above (didn't need to worry about administrator permissions since I run as admin anyway).

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

I contacted Ebay about the problem.  They sent me the following information and it works.

I reviewed your Turbo Lister updates and the file has already been too outdated to install updates the normal process.

With this being said. I would recommend that you reinstall your copy of Turbo Lister.

Below are steps to reinstall Turbo Lister without losing your listings:

You will need to reinstall the program on your computer using the new download file from the eBay site, as you are unable to connect through the program to download the update files.

1) Click "Start button -> Control Panel".

2) Select the "Programs and Features" option.

3) Select "Turbo Lister" and click on the "Uninstall" option.

4) Start the uninstall process. During the removal of the program, select "No" when prompt to delete your database files to keep all your listings.

5) Download and install a new copy of Turbo Lister:

download.ebay.com/turbo_lister2/setupus.exe

**Run the setup.exe to install.  Save it if you want to install the program later.**

6) Open Turbo Lister to initialize new database.

7) Once you open your user file, check for program updates and download them. (Tools -> Check for Program Updates)

If updates install after reinstalling the program, youi'll back in business.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply