cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to list a set of coins.

But the lister won't let me price it at $3500, since $2500 is the maximum allowed if you don't have a coin slabbed and graded.  BUT THERE ARE 73 COINS, NOT JUST 1!!!  They're circulated and in a Whitman Bookshelf album and I can't make the listing page stop giving me that big red "ERROR" box.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Trying to list a set of coins.

In which category are you trying to list? There are categories for single coins and coin lots. Does the category for lots kick out the same error? I don't think it will, but check to make sure.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@rustydalmatian 

What says you can't list for more than $2500 if isn't slabbed/graded? I'm unaware of ANY policy that limited the listing price of a raw coin under any coin category.

Just out of pure curiosity while I'm at it, what is the set? 

I don't believe what wastingtime101 said is true. I don't believe there are limits on each category.

I also ask what type of coin set, if it's a specific coin set (F.E./IHC, Mercs, etc) it would likely go under that specific category and i dont know of a policy that leads to a price limit. If it's like a Type Coin Set - would likely go under coin collection & Coin collection definitely does not limit at 2500

Coin buyer / seller here by the way... so if either I'm completely oblivious or something else is going on here

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Your Barber set?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

^^^^

Okay, I was apparently completely unaware/oblivious of the $2500 limit for raw coins. Never run into this because I'venever bought/sold a single raw coin for over $2500.

Two appropriate categories you can list under would be the US Coins > Half Dollars > Mixed Lots ... OR ... US Coins > Collections/Lots. 

Half Dollars / Mixed Lots seems to not have the limit and I know collections/lots definitely doesnt have the limt.

Learn something every day

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'll give that a shot.  Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It worked when I used lots for a category.  I learned something new.  Thank you both.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply