cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Understand Impressions SEARCH, STORE and TOTAL IMPRESSIONS Very Frustrated

Hello Fellow eBayers

Can someone, in very simple language, explain Impressions to me. I think I get the SEARCH portion. 

That's the total number of searches made on an item that I have up for sale along with other sellers. Correct?

As for the STORE.... "Impressions your listings get when they appear in your eBay Store" I'm having a hard time understanding what that exactly means. Does it mean the actual number of times a person may click on that item they are search for or is it when they actually visit my ENTIRE store? 

I pretty much feel the same about TOTAL IMPRESSIONS....."The total number of impressions your listings get when they appear on any eBay site" Are we talking about eBay owned subsidiaries outside of eBay as we know it or what?

I have been on eBay since 1997 and have never  seen sales as low as they have been in the last 2 1/2 months thus the reasons for truly trying to understand my Performance, in particular Listing Impressions and everything else associated with them. 

If you don't mind, please, please, please take the time to help me understand. I will be forever grateful.

Many thanks

Colleen

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Trying to Understand Impressions SEARCH, STORE and TOTAL IMPRESSIONS Very Frustrated

Not sure I can help alot........

Impressions are the number of times your item (s) appear in search.  ie. you have a Christmas stocking......someone searches for Xmas stocking and your item appears in that search.....that's an impression. 

I asked about store impressions at a wkly chat and didn't get an answer...but am assuming that's when someone does a search in your store and the item(s) is shown.......or does it count when they click on a category?  Are all items counted?

Total impressions seems to be adding the general search impressions with however they are counting the store impressions. 

Impressions are one thing-very different from views..which means someone actually clicks into the item listing to look at the details. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@nowthenandagain1

Good explanation above. I will add.

Anytime someone does a search and your item is in the list it will count as an impression. If they see your item and click on it it is a view. If they purchase your item then it is a purchase.

High impressions without a click or a purchase is not a good think. 

At this video at 4:50. I recommend the whole vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6znSUKtKH0

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@nowthenandagain1

There was a fairly "in Depth" seller hub webinar a few weeks ago.

http://ebay.yourbrandlive.com/c/seller-hub

It is about an hour long but broken up into the different tabs/topics at the top of the hub page.

The "Performance" tab starts at 43:15

The seller hub discussion board is also a very good source of info. Not sure if ebay employees are still  helping out on that board.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks to all three of  you for taking the time to answer my desperate plea.

I'm sure with the info you've provided I'll finally feel as though I know

how to read my charts and understand the process better.

Colleen

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I haven't store on ebay US, but at the Review your impressions page, at the "store column" I have average +285.2%, and many items with +60%, 70% , 80% 100%, until +700%,+800%, +900%. The sales are down, could somenon explain me what does it means?
Message 6 of 6
latest reply