cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tragically a Postal Employee goes Postal

Have you seen the news about a Post Office employee killing two other employees?

This was in Dublin Ohio. That PO has interrupted mail services. 

So, I wonder how this might affect buyers who are/were expecting delivery by Christmas?  And especially those poor souls who eBay leads them to think 3 Day Delivery Guaranteed means they'l have it to open this morning?

Hang on sellers. If your packages go through that facility and don't make the buyers expectations of receipt you may have to endure the slings and arrows of their outrage and loss of your fortunes.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I'm thinking of the relatives of the deceased......terrible..........

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I'm thinking of all of the above two postings AND of the way it seems that nine out of ten stories seem to come out of Ohio.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

My son works for UPS and at his main building outside Birmingham 2014 - a UPS driver who'd been let go  - shot and killed 2 of the managers there. By the grace of God my son was at the airport facility checking on the belts or he would have been with 1 of the 2 managers in the office they shared. 

My son and his boss as well as supervisors from the other facilities - all worked 16 hr shifts for the next week - so there would not be an interruption in service. Employees were allowed time off to greave and attend the funerals all because management pitched in and I'm going to assume that even with the terrible tragedy - USPS  is doing the same.

A ding I can live through. People have to realize things happen - and not get so upset - if you're a good seller this won't affect you.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@duggmills wrote:

Have you seen the news about a Post Office employee killing two other employees?

This was in Dublin Ohio. That PO has interrupted mail services. 

So, I wonder how this might affect buyers who are/were expecting delivery by Christmas? 

That doesn't mean they are shutting down or stopping deliveries. Dublin OH isn't a major hub affecting the whole country is it? What's the point of even mentioning this unfortunate news here? I assume the average person would understand if their item arrived a day or two late because of this. On more positive news, I got a Priority Mail purchase delivered on Sunday. That's never ever happened before. I guess they had an Express delivery nearby and tossed this on the truck.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I know that is terrible and so close to Christmas. the people whole complain about not getting their Gift in time due to this should have to comfort the loved ones left behind SMH put the season into perspective from all the rushing around to get ready for friends and family.  As most others, I ordered alot of gifts online. They all didnt come in Saturday. I was all bummed out and was ready to request refunds, but I thought,its the w/e I will wait till Tues. Imagine my surprise, when Sun. Morning the packages were delivered by my mailman!!!!!! I was all excited when I thought of the mailmans little children, being without their father on Christmas Eve!!!! Makes a person think!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

My sympathies to family and friends of those lost in this tragedy.

Solution:  I always have backup gifts just in case.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

My carrier said they were even going to be delivering today. he said they have enough that are willing to volunteer (no kids, or the $$)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I googled the article and have to SMH 😞  Sometimes in life, a person needs to think before reacting.  I said that to say this, I had a love on die nearly nine years ago and I was devastated.  His death put a lot in perspective for me.   I do not know the reason why, but I am sending prayers and healing to all family/friends of the deceased.  

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I'm struggling to understand how your focus is on...

"So, I wonder how this might affect buyers who are/were expecting delivery by Christmas?  And especially those poor souls who eBay leads them to think 3 Day Delivery Guaranteed means they'l have it to open this morning?

Hang on sellers. If your packages go through that facility and don't make the buyers expectations of receipt you may have to endure the slings and arrows of their outrage and loss of your fortunes."

And not on this...

"a Post Office employee killing two other employees?"

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

dugg - I'm sure you posted with the best intent - and yes - I'm sure we'll have posters come here complaining that their items didn't get to the buyers in time. Like others - my family has experienced situations that put everything in perspective and we don't sweat the little stuff - because in the long run that's all it is - little things that life throws at you every once in a while.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Please don't  struggle trying to understand my focus.

From what I see, you have nothing for sale on eBay nor have you ever sold anything on eBay.  That takes you out of the Roman Gladiator's Arena of experienced eBayers where both buyers and sellers are subject to deception and fraud and where only sellers can be punished  by  justified and rejustified negative feed back.

I'm reminded of the old story about the pilot and the air traffic controller (ATC). When the pilot makes a mistake the pilot dies and the ATC goes home. When the ATC makes a mistake the pilot dies and the ATC goes home.

The worst air disaster in history is the crash of two 747's on Tenerife in the Canary Islands.  All passengers of both aircraft died and the ATC who was at fault went home.

Recent stories of eBay's customer service refund decisions wihtout the requirement of even returning the goods has cost many sellers the agony of two losses in one sale.

But enoungh on that aspect.  I specifically did not, nor would I post or comment on the subect of the tragedy as I don't play fifth grade junior reporter.

As was all see from your profile, your expetise here in the Community far exceeds most and has been rewarded by the helpful marks so many have given you.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

"From what I see, you have nothing for sale on eBay nor have you ever sold anything on eBay.  That takes you out of the Roman Gladiator's Arena of experienced eBayers "

Ok...so now we have established that you are unaware of what a Posting ID is.

"Recent stories of eBay's customer service refund decisions wihtout the requirement of even returning the goods has cost many sellers the agony of two losses in one sale."

Only if those sellers were foolish enough to not insist on "Return for Refund" or respond to the case.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I said I understood you had the best intent when posting - but then to follow up with the latest post - blew it. Many on here use posting IDs because selling accts have been compromised in the past because of arguments on the boards ad not all adults here act like adults and have done damage to a poster's selling acct they disagreed with. Believe me - that's worse than getting a couple of late shipment dings.

Plus a seller should be keeping track of the package's travels especially at this time of the year. Should a package be delayed - the seller can call Ebay - explain the circumstances and get an extension - they are not unreasonable.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Here we go.
Message 15 of 23
latest reply