cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic

Hi I have tried to find an answer to this at various times since 2007 but this time my numbers are really out there. My Listings 57, My Watchers 37, my hits 20,500. Yes that is twenty thousand five hundred! My listings are good enough for customer interest 20,500 but its as if they disappear from there. Side note; I have had my listings hacked before by a seller in India by directing them to their website I looked them up and my listings were there with a couple of words switched around and the selling price is in East IndianI've also listed Jordan shoes Nwt but when I look on Google the listing is changed to Pre-owned, this was on PM  and of course I told them and somehow the hackers had also adjusted my listing in PM search for the shoes even though my closet said they were new. Obviously, they were getting in through Google and get a link to this item via its company item number which you have to put in the title line to get it on Google.  Posh mark sent me a message 10 mins later and said it was fixed. I would LOVE to know how this was fixed so fast.  I'm somewhat afraid to look on Google anymore in case it  has been done again. Thank you for letting me vent.  Any suggestions tips advice about either problems I thank you in advance. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Traffic

Are you listing under another id?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Traffic

No just the one Although I have had my listings hacked by Indian seller in past who transferred them to Indian Money from mine.   Also had listings such as Jordan shoes, changed on Google as Pre-owned when they were listed as NEW on original selling site. At times the same illegally adjusted listings were changed on the initial site as well. Only difference in those cases were that the type was a little smaller and slightly different font. No one seems to tackle these problems so my sales have stopped for months on both sites just in time for Xmas sales. I' afraid to enter the item numbers in my listings now in case they also get illegally adjusted on Google that effectively blocks another way to advertise. If you can I would appreciate if you can pass this problem on , perhaps, to someone in security. Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Traffic

You say "hits", by that do you mean Impressions?

It's easy to get impressions from buyers that have absolutely no interest in your items and will never look at them never mind actually purchase.

An "impression" happens anytime a buyer is on a page that shows you listing (one click away), that could be a search results page, it could be when eBay displays one of your listings on another sellers Item page, it could be if eBay inserts your listing into a sidebar or includes it in an email to buyers (you search for x, you might be interested in these) etc. etc.

Impressions are nice but actual page views are more important and of course nothing tops the Conversion rate (buyer finds a link to your listing, actually clicks on it to view the listing page AND click the buy button.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply