cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trading card sellers beware.

This new shipping program for card sellers has a major flaw. The tracking number provided by ebay can't be tracked using the USPS website because the number is not recognized by the post office. If you have one of these tracking numbers enter it in the postal website to verify this. I had one supposedly delivered to me but I didn't get it on the date in ebays tracking number because I didn't get any mail that day or the next day because of a snow storm. Tried talking to a customer rep and was told to file item not received case which I would not do since ebays tracking number showed it was delivered. Tried to explain there will be problems with sellers, buyers, and ebay themselves. This new program sounds great but now I'm thinking twice about using it.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Trading card sellers beware.

Based on what I've read, the tracking numbers will show tracking info after the item is scanned at a sorting facility, not at the post office where it's mailed.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

The ebay Standard Envelopes cannot be tracked under the usual USPS system.

It has been reported that many USPS/ebay (edit) employees know nothing about this, probably due to it's newness.

The tracking is automatically integrated when the label is created, and unlike regular USPS tracking numbers, cannot be scanned initially by USPS clerks.

You can just put it in the mailbox, it is scanned along the way.

The ESUS number is shorter than a normal USPS tracking number.

I can't find any information about this ESUS tracking on ebay's site which seems odd, but typical;

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html

You can track these numbers here...
https://www.trackmyshipment.co/shipment-tracking

https://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/easyship

-------------
Posting ID
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The tracking numbers are not recognized by the post office, because only certain packages, I believe express mail and registered mail are the only tracking numbers by the post office that start with letters. I work for the post office, but I also called my local PO and spoke with someone in my office who has knowledge about tracking numbers and was told these tracking numbers are not valid in the postal system. I have bought from this seller in the past and each time he sent it this way the tracking number said out for delivery in the same town that I don't live in, but the next day it shows that it was delivered to the zip code that I do live in except the last one because of the snow storm. My point of this post is that if ebay is going to tell buyers to file a item not received case when the tracking number shows delivered and they will side with the buyer  there will be scammers coming out of the woodwork, and with the post office being not able to help because the number is not trackable there will be problems.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

i would not recommend using this card shipping program i sent out 130 cards and already had to refund over 40 cards not being received i still have over 15 that have been in transit since early march.  has been a nightmare will never use it again it has killed my seller rating and hurt my feedback

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I'd say that if you have 55 items not received out of 130 that you are the unluckiest seller in the world.

I'd also say that getting just one neutral and no negatives for 55 INRs makes you one of the luckiest sellers in the world.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The tracking info is all false. I just had a card delivered and it's not in my box and says it was scanned at the local post office in the next state, huh.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@lunarllamasports 

It sounds like you are refunded too soon. 40 out of 130 is unheard of. I have shipped easily 100 items with NO tracking and only one person complained. Something is very wrong here.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I've noticed problems as well. I have received many of these since its inception, most without issues; however, I noticed several times I received messages saying it was delivered when it wasn't. Usually, these would arrive the following day. However, this week I received a message that a card was delivered and it hasn't come yet after 4 days. I think the card was sent, so I can't really request a refund from the seller. I don't know what recourse I have. Ebay's customer service is horrible and as the site shows it 'delivered', I don't expect them to follow up.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Tagging on:    

As a stamp seller I've used the ESUS system several hundred times with virtually no issues.   

As far as the tracking is concerned.    You can track your item in seller hub.    Simply go to the sales record.    

I agree that the delivery scan is almost always 1/2 a day or longer BEFORE the actual delivery.

40 out of 100 is insane.    40 out of 100 filed INR?     Absolutely insane.       Sounds like Lunar is jumping the 

gun and refunding too soon.    

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The card shipping program is pathetic. I shipped ten trading cards to ten different buyers about a month ago. Four cards have still not been delivered and there is no tracking info available. I have already refunded two buyers and will probably never get the trading cards returned to me. Next time, I’m just going to use a stamp.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply