cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking offers to buyers who accepted your offer

I sent a buyer an offer to an item I had listed.  The buyer accepted the offer and paid for the item.  The issue is that the offer they accepted was not the offer I sent them.  I have no idea how this could have happened and eBay claims that there is no way to see offers you've made once the buyer has accepted and paid for the item.  First, there should absolutely be a way to track this.  Why don't they send you an email with the details of your offer?  When I contacted support, I asked if they could see the email with my offer that the buyer received and they said that "they can't seem to find that email".  Do I have any recourse?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

How did you make the offer?  Was an offer to all watchers.....or an email offer in response to a question? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It was an "offer to buyers" to someone who was watching the item.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

We can't see anyway to review seller initiated offers after item is sold.  In fact all offer history is wiped out....

With normal buyer initiated offers.......sellers do get an email......with the amt of offer....

With seller initiated offers Ebay can't/doesn't  send a seller an email (before a sale) verifying the offer since they want to keep the buyer id confidential......

sorry I couldn't help.........

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@missdoll wrote:

The buyer accepted the offer and paid for the item.  The issue is that the offer they accepted was not the offer I sent them. 

Can you give us an idea of the original item price, the % or price of the offer you sent, and the % or price they accepted?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The item was listed at 24.99.  I sent one offer to a interested buyer for $22.00 or about 10% off.  Somehow they were sent an offer of $19.12 which they accepted and quickly paid for.  I would not have sent an offer for that random amount.  I spoke with eBay and find it odd that they can't produce the email that this person received or my original offer to this person.  I'm not new to eBay and have had a lot of cancelled bids and canceled orders lately. I'm feeling pretty disheartened. Any idea what might have happened here?  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@missdoll wrote:

The item was listed at 24.99.  I sent one offer to a interested buyer for $22.00 or about 10% off.  Somehow they were sent an offer of $19.12 which they accepted and quickly paid for.  I would not have sent an offer for that random amount.  I spoke with eBay and find it odd that they can't produce the email that this person received or my original offer to this person.  I'm not new to eBay and have had a lot of cancelled bids and canceled orders lately. I'm feeling pretty disheartened. Any idea what might have happened here?  

When sending offers to interested buyers, it allows offers to be sent as either a dollar amount , or as a percentage. 

$19.12 looks an awful lot like it is 22% off $24.99.  Are you sure you didn't accidentally send a percentage offer and not a dollar amount offer? 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I did not use the percentage option because 23% would have been $19.24 and I could not afford such a large discount with free shipping.  I think I'm going to contact eBay again and see if I can try again to track down what happened. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Try this link and see if it shows you what you are looking for.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageBestOffers&itemid=284037105483  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for that link!  It did list the offer the buyer received but it wasn't what I sent. I think somewhere down the line it was an eBay error. I did contact eBay about this so they have it documented in case this affecting other sellers.  I ended up refunding the seller.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply