cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toy doll sans outfit is erroneously listed as an "adults only," item, how to fix?

I am selling two vintage toy dolls without their outfits, and I see that in my listings are shown without their thumbnail images and labled as "adult only" items "requiring verification," to view them.

I assume this is because in the listing title and in the listing information I use the word "nude," is to describe them. I have seen similar items listed and described with that word before, so I did not know this would cause them to be erroneously categorized and censored like thus.

They are toy dolls, not anatomically correct or anything, made for children. To be clear to buyers the doll comes says outfit I included, "nude," in the description details and listing title.

My question is, how do I fix this so that my items will show up properly in search results without such content warning  and with their thumbnails showing? If I remove the word nude from the title add description will that fix the issue?

Thanks in advance for any insight 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Toy doll sans outfit is erroneously listed as an "adults only," item, how to fix?

That's Hilarious!   Good one, eBay.

And yes, killing nude might fix it. 

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Toy doll sans outfit is erroneously listed as an "adults only," item, how to fix?

That's Hilarious!   Good one, eBay.

And yes, killing nude might fix it. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

😄😄😄 it is pretty funny! Unfortunately taking the seemingly offending word hasn't fixed my listings though.

Otherwise, there is no indication in my listings that these would be an adult item.

I was wondering why these two listings were getting much lesser views than my other very similar doll listings, so out of curiosity I went to my ebay page to see all my listings as an ebay visitor would see them, and that's how I discovered this problem. My similar listings that were getting more views than the two "offending," listings were for dolls that had clothing, so the word nude was not in their listing of course. Sigh. Lol.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I spoke too soon, the listings are now displaying correctly! Thanks! I guess it just took a second lol. 😄

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm glad it's fixed.    The bots strike again!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Without clothing, no clothes might be better wording than nude.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 6
latest reply