cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated seller sales tank

Why is it that each time I gain Top Rated seller, my sales stop or barely any sales? Top Rated seller is not a good thing apparently. Am I the only one?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@meltomenterprises 

I have been a TRS since the program, and my sales for the last 7 days are $157 . YUP. Nothing, nada. It had to have been the eclipse. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Same here although I’ve had TRS for a while now. I’ve had one sale in three days with over 800 items listed. I’m down like 90% from last month. No reason why, nothing has changed for me. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@meltomenterprises wrote:

Why is it that each time I gain Top Rated seller, my sales stop or barely any sales? Top Rated seller is not a good thing apparently. Am I the only one?

Coincidence.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I don’t get it. What do they do to us?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Yes! I was doing 300-400 a month. This month 1 item and less than $8.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I fell off the TRS a few months ago when I sent a couple items with a stamp and sales picked up again. Now that I’m using the ebay letter, I’m back on TRS and selling nothing again.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@meltomenterprises 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not alone in this challenge, but I think I've identified a key area for improvement. Your inventory is a bit lean, with some categories having only one or two items. To boost sales and maintain Top Rated Seller status, consider expanding your offerings by listing more items in those categories or creating new ones. With only 173 items, it might be tough to sustain TRS unless they're high-ticket items. By diversifying and growing your inventory, you'll increase your visibility and appeal to more buyers.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

"Repeat buyers" are what you should be looking for. They do help me in slow periods of time.

TRS....too many rules...10 % discount on fees...that's the only thing I see might help if you don't do promoted listings.

Everyone saids feedbacks don't help...but they do...if I offer 3-5 business days shipping but ship the same day I get those feedbacks "fast shipping"...and maybe a repeat buyer.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

He's got more running than I do, though. I rarely have over 160-170 items.

I also think it's coincidence, and also the smaller one is, the more ups and downs, at least in my experience (I used to be full time).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I sold and shipped out 2 items last week, I sold and shipped out 2 items the week before and going back another week, 4 items (nothing this week) = 8 things so far this month.

Last month was way better.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I'll second @inhawaii 

Coincidence.

I ride a roller coaster for my sales numbers because I am not currently willing to bring my total number of listings high enough to level out my sales.

Whether I am TRS or not does not predict whether my sales are up or down.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

TRS is NOT a thing. Nothing to see here, move along (as they say).....

except for the 'allowed 50% refund' thingy- worthless in the eyes of those that matter. Buyers. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

I'll second @inhawaii 

Coincidence.

I ride a roller coaster for my sales numbers because I am not currently willing to bring my total number of listings high enough to level out my sales.

Whether I am TRS or not does not predict whether my sales are up or down.

TBH, I never noticed a difference in sales, either, and when I was seasonal, I would lose my TRS every summer. It would come back again in the fall and I'd be like "Oh, it's back!" There are some perks that come with it that make it worth keeping if you can.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@meltomenterprises 

I was about $5000 a month consistently…you tell me and we will both know. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply