cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Away Question

I set Time Away to start last night, with sales paused. 

I am not physically going away until early Monday morning. I thought that I could launch some new listings today and tomorrow, and those new listings would also be included in my current Time Away settings. This does not appear to be the case, so maybe my thinking is incorrect. I launched a few new listings this morning and they do not look like they are in Time Away. Is this just a lag (indexing) issue and they will go into Time Away soon?

Here is an example:

Item number 196332338566

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Time Away Question

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Screenshot 2024-04-06 102544.jpgWell, now that listing (196332338566) is showing the Time Away banner. Not sure what to make of this. 

@mcdougle4248  while the policy page doesn't specifically address listings created before Time Away started vs after, it does say in multiple places "It can take a few hours for your fixed price listings to become hidden."

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137 

So my money would be on your initial thought, which is that there may just be some lag time once you create the listing before the Time Away setting is applied.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

No, any listings you start after initially starting time away will not be included in time away. 
Time away message doesn't appear in the example listing.

IMG_1523.jpeg

IMG_1522.jpeg

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for checking.  Now, I guess I have some cleaning up of my mistakes to take care of.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Thank you for checking.  Now, I guess I have some cleaning up of my mistakes to take care of.

Rather than ending those listings, try going back to them and add them to your time away. I think that might work. (I've never done it though.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Screenshot 2024-04-06 102544.jpgWell, now that listing (196332338566) is showing the Time Away banner. Not sure what to make of this. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mcdougle4248  while the policy page doesn't specifically address listings created before Time Away started vs after, it does say in multiple places "It can take a few hours for your fixed price listings to become hidden."

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137 

So my money would be on your initial thought, which is that there may just be some lag time once you create the listing before the Time Away setting is applied.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Thank you. It sure does look that way at this point. 

I have about 40 listings scheduled to go live while I am away.  I am not sure what to do with those. It could be risky to let them go live as scheduled. I do have my handling time set to 15 days, but I do not want to anger any buyers needlessly if any of those slip through and sell.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

When I click on view listings I only see one listing - item 196014082263.  It does have the time away message on it  but if your other listings have been hidden with time away, it’s odd that I cansee this one.  It isn’t a new listing. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

Thank you for pointing that out. I revised this listing this morning. I bet that is what is causing it to be visible again. I will keep an eye on it today and see if it becomes hidden again. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I've added new listings while using Time Away and they were always added to the Time away.

It's been a couple years, so it might have changed.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 10
latest reply