cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throttling listings...guilty

Hello...is anybody out there? I’m calling eBay out. Something is amiss, but they’re not fessing-up. A large company needs 2 b accountable for their misdeeds. I’m sure the eBay volunteers (senior citizen monitors) will red flag this post, & delete it...predictable. Sorta reminds me of a dictatorship. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Dictatorship indeed... Someone just marked my message asking for help with a troubled buyer as "spam." It says to create an abuse report if I believe that was in error. How do I do so?
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I saw that. I was just about to reply and it said the message didn't exist.

Try posting it again?

fwiw my reply was - 

Be sure to also report the buyer for 'requesting something not in the listing'.

Don't allow a buyer to tell you how to run your business.

If you'd shipped they would have found another way to try to get their "discount".

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

We humans have a tendency, when things do not go as we would like, to invent and imagine such things as gods and bogeymen and algorithms that thwart our desires.  And then, when we feel disenfranchised, we tend to install imagined strongmen and con men and grifters as our leaders.  The beat goes on. I really doubt that Ebay is aware of your existence.  They are merely optimizing their platform, not our platform, for their benefit.  Adapt or perish.  Resistance is futile says this senior citizen.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

LOL LIke the old saw goes - An atheist is just someone with no invisible means of support.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

We humans have a tendency, when things do not go as we would like, to invent and imagine such things as gods and bogeymen and algorithms that thwart our desires.  And then, when we feel disenfranchised, we tend to install imagined strongmen and con men and grifters as our leaders.  The beat goes on. I

really doubt that Ebay is aware of your existence.  They are merely optimizing their platform, not our platform, for their benefit.  Adapt or perish.  Resistance is futile says this senior citizen.

No truer statement. There is nothing wrong with a little resistance, better than crawling under a rock to die.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Ebay volunteers dont run the boards, Lithium does...and they dont pull posts with Ebay complaints...im sure they couldnt care less about your thread.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Puh-lease. I’m certain eBay is aware of my listings when they sting me every month for $250-350 in monthly fees, so please spare me w/ur naive belief eBay can do no wrong...there’s room for improvement in any biz. Constructive criticism breeds improvement, not complacency. **Btw : seniors should volunteer at a company that’s noble : hospitals, libraries, etc..

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Oh, they care. This post will b deleted w/in a day, I guarantee it. Btw : if at&t was found guilty of throttling, why do u think eBay isn’t capable of it...naivety ⁉️

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I think you are over rating your importance of your posts with Ebay..i didnt respond at all to your 'throttling' comment...its kind of gotten to be an old cliche on the boards...really not worth responding to anymore.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I wouldn't say ebay was a dictatorship, It's a business with policies made by a for profit company. Not a charity. If you don't like the rules set forth by ebay, there are many other venues you can look into selling your items on. 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Posts are absolutely pulled, placed in dungeon, or deleted outright all the time.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Yes they are..if the posters do not follow Lithiums criteria for posting here..name calling,insults, hate speech,arguing,hostile comments,etc. I dont think Ive ever seen a post pulled for criticizing Ebay...and have seen much worse than the op's.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@cashmere99 wrote:

Puh-lease. I’m certain eBay is aware of my listings when they sting me every month for $250-350 in monthly fees, so please spare me w/ur naive belief eBay can do no wrong...there’s room for improvement in any biz. Constructive criticism breeds improvement, not complacency. **Btw : seniors should volunteer at a company that’s noble : hospitals, libraries, etc..

I'm scratching my head as to how senior citizens factor into this.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

When AT&T throttled throughput they did it to save money. Why would Ebay throttle to reduce the number of sales if it loses them money? Fewer items for sale would lead to fewer sales you would think.

It may be happening but it does not make sense from a business standpoint.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply