cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three questions: Free listing fees & Software

I used to sell full-time but haven't for a number of years. Since then I've just listed random things as time permitted.  I've got some things to sell that might go quickly or might take awhile for the right buyer to come along.  Knowing that the rules change often I just want to make sure I have a handle on a few things.

1) If I use free listings and set them to auto-relist, will I be charged for the relists even if the first listing was free provided I'm not over my monthly limit of freebies?

2) If I have to create a fresh listing to avoid being charged, does the listing need to be significantly different to avoid being hit by bots for some violation?

3) Is there a good free software out there that would let me create listings, launch them, and then re-launch unsold things again if in fact I'm charged for relists?

TIA!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do everything manually yourself.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

1.  That depends.  Non-store owners may only get 50 listings without a listing fee so whether it's free or not depends on how many free listings you have.

2. I don't think the bots (human and computer) pay that much attention.

3. There was Turbo Lister but eBay stopped supporting it.  There are others like Inkfrog and Auctiva, but they all cost money.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Your 50 free insertions each month can be used for new listings or for relists (either manual or automatic).

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks, all.  Just what I needed to know. I did used to use Inkfrog (and something else that was a free download before that) and they worked great at the time, but having an online garage sale doesn't really merit paying for a service.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply