cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This will be a slow sales weekend - tech issues

My spidey senses were already tingling concerning slow sales the last couple days and now I just go a message from a buyer who said they cannot leave me feedback because they keep getting an error message.

This confirms to me that ebay servers are having a rough time the last couple days.

Expect slow sales

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: This will be a slow sales weekend - tech issues

had one last night on a 3000.00 sale of a diesel engine still no word

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

eBay status page says all is good.  https://www.ebay.com/sts/ 

Downdector.com reports no eBay issues either.  https://downdetector.com/status/ebay  

Maybe the holiday weekend and some travel?

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Ebay will selom admit to issues.

I'm not talking about the entire site being down, I'm talking about the kind of issues that will throttle sales. Things like, buyer tries to checkout and receives error message...then the buyer just gives up and goes elsewhere.  Who is going to to buy an item if they keep receiving error messages during the purchase processs?

Or things like the search engine being glitchy.

I've seen this plenty of times.  You might see a few random reports of issues on forums but EBAY will never admit it.  They insist their old servers are always working perfectly.  Eventually, after a few days, they fix it and sales go back to normal.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

@playsoccerlivelonger wrote:
This confirms to me that ebay servers are having a rough time the last couple days.

Expect slow sales

Sales on eBay have been normal for us the last couple of days.

eBay has software errors all the time, every day.    Sales are mostly driven (or harmed) by demand, pricing, and competition.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Ugh..I was wondering why I had not one sale, this is the first day since I started that I have not had a sale.. I thought it was due to my complaining on here.
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

It's not just sales. I just had a seller message me that the reason I had not received my refund was because there is a 'hold' on my account. Well this is news to me. Apparently is has been this way for at least a month. I thought we were suppose to be notified if there was a hold on your account.

Yes, I buy stuff too and seldom do I ever need to return anything. This was for chocolate bites probiotics which are sensitive to heat. They arrived in one solid mass where they had melted together rendering them totally useless now. They apparently had been stored in a warehouse without cooling. Anyway, they didn't want them back but said I could expect a refund within 3 days and that was back on 11th of September. I don't want them either for obvious reasons. The moral of the story is, you need to keep checks on your account because you may never know when it has a hold on it. I have received zero communication about any hold on my account. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what is going on. Oh yeah, no sales on my end either.
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

10/07/2018 So this is a first for me ever in eBay. What happened to my 15% annual growth for the first five years on eBay. I have 211 auctions ending today. All priced on the mid to low end of like items that have sold on eBay and ten 99 cent auctions to boot. Not one bid on any of them. Two Hundred eleven auctions ending today and not one bid! $20 in listing fees and not one sale. EBay keeps charging more and more and more and offer less and less and less. Sad part is eBay does not even know what is going on even if they keep telling everyone their sales are up 8% this year.
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Why, if you dont mind if I ask, did you have a hold?
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

and even IF sales are up 8% they are underperforming significantly compared to their competitors
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

If ebay will let me get back to my usual 4-8 sales per day, instead of 1 all weekend, I promise never  to complain again.

I remember when October was a good month, and the weekends were always the best days of the week.

Please upgrade you servers ebay

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

That would not cause a hold on your account but on the sellers.

If seller has not refunded they are likely dragging it out til you pass the deadline for the case .It will then close without you getting a refunds

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

I wonder when ebay says their sales are up 8% if it means that they are charging their customers, the eBay sellers 8% more then they did last year, because of the sponsored listing and lose of discounts, and the additional fees? If that is the case eBay's sales will be up even more when the take four 4% of gross sales of 25% of the sellers with the highest return rate starting this month.
So I guess ebay will keep telling us their sales are up while the sales being made my sellers on ebay is down, way down.
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@misfitfun
I am somewhat new to the discussion board and am trying to figure out ways to use it to stay in business and would like to able to talk with other users, specifically sellers. I do know that most of the employees that I have spoke to at eBay say they sell in ebay also.
What do you mean "when people show you who they are, believe them"?
What do you do when you are on the "selling" discussion board and the person that is responding to your questions has been a user on ebay for 12 years with 50,000 plus post but has never left feedback for a buyer, only for sellers and they have nothing for sale on eBay? Is this a good user to get selling advice from? Are you saying they have shown me who they are or are you saying I should believe them?
Sorry I don't read between the lines well.
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

In my opinion price of you items as compared to your competitors is the biggest factor in sales. When I notice sales dropping. I will do a search on some of my items that have slowed down in sales to see where my competitors more often than not I will see someone with lower price. If lower the price my sales will pick back up. If an item starts to sell faster than normal I will again check mycompetitors and may raise the price if my competitors are way higher. I buy quite a bit on eBay and before I buy something I will always do search using lowest price including shipping and buy from the cheapest.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply