cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is about to be the 5th day in a row I've had ZERO sales

I know August is generally kind of slow with people taking vacations earlier in the month and then dealing with the kids for all the "back to school" fanfare but this is ridiculous! I had three cigarette case sales last Thursday (after selling a bunch of others earlier last week) and NOTHING since. This is scary considering I usually need SOME money coming in from eBay just to survive. I've been frantically doing some content writing side work this week just to get some money in at the end of this week because this is getting scary. This slow down also hit soon after I ordered a bunch of cases in from my supplier, which depleted my founds. Anyone else seeing such slow to nonexistent sales?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: This is about to be the 5th day in a row I've had ZERO sales

@virginia-internet-sales wrote:

Anyone else seeing such slow to nonexistent sales?

Sellers have been coming this board daily for the past five years complaining about a sudden slowdown in sales.

You are certainly not the only having this problem, but at the same it is not happening to everyone.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I just went through 17 days without a sale, then I got 2.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

So far in August I have had four sales: August 1, 5, 14, 19.

My other selling ID has had ZERO sales for August.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Probably time to get a fallback plan together. That could sound harsh, but counting on eBay for daily expenses is not a good idea ever, especially recently. This is an ideal time to buy and stock up if at all possible. I sincerely hope things turn around for you.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Sorry this is happening to you.  Many sellers are reporting slow or no sales.

This is ~ my 5th month of not buying anything on eBay, something I used to do very often for 9 years. 

I think many Sellers and Buyers are getting frustrated with unwanted changes at eBay, high fees, and numerous technical issues ... with the latest ones generating improper fees to eBay (that need to be refunded).

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hang in there.  Just like life, sales ebbs and flows.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Well...I finally got *one* sale earlier this evening. Not much but at least now I know there's nothing malfunctioning or wrong with my account. I was starting to wonder. Just have to wait for this slump to eventually end.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I've been selling continuously for 15 years.  This is the worst it has ever been.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I have been selling a consistent $2500 to $3500 a month for 4 years....my sales since June are down 70%!  I read a financial news article that reports Ebay has cut way back on advertising and Google search dollars and that the result last quarter was a substantial drop in sales revenue...however overall profits were up due to ‘promoted listings’ which jacks eBay’s commission up to as much as 20%.  I got fed up and started cross listing on another platform....the same listings that are not moving on eBay are selling there...so it is not stale inventory.  If sales don’t improve, my plan is to move all of my listings and close my EBay store once my store subscription is up in December. Will gladly leave  eBay to the Chinese Dollar Store Sellers....

Mary
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Agree 100%!  my sales are down 70% since June.  I have been selling consistently for four years. I read a financial news article that reports Ebay has cut way back on advertising and Google search dollars and that the result last quarter  was a substantial drop in sales revenue...however overall profits were up due to ‘promoted listings’ which jacks eBay’s commission up to as much as 20%.  I got fed up and started cross listing on another platform....the same listings that are not moving on eBay are selling there...so it is not stale inventory.  If sales don’t improve, my plan is to move all of my listings and close my EBay store once my store subscription is up in December. Will gladly leave  eBay to the Chinese Dollar Store Sellers....

Mary
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

The last 5 months we maybe had 3 days in each month where we did not make a sale on our main account.  And most days were multiple sales days.  This August, we are seeing a 1 sale day followed by 2 days of nothing.  Then a 1 sale day followed by 2 days of nothing.  We just had the worst week ever making only $25 in sales in the week (we typically average about $600 per month).  Not sure what is going on.  But we are pretty much dead in the water.   

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I got a couple more sales since I initially posted this thread, so things seem to be slooooowly picking back up. Thanks for all the replies. Glad to know I'm not alone. Misery loves company wink

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Well, in all fairness you only have 16 items listed for sale. In the grand scheme of themes that is a miniscule footprint.

In 3 months you have sold 29 items. That is actually a pretty impressive turnover for so few listings.

I don't see your complaint

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

My sales were very slow for several days, so I followed eBay's advice about how to increase sales.

I lowered my prices by about 20% on some items that had not sold for several months, and they still did not sell.

I finally discovered the way to increase sales.  Just lowering prices will not increase sales if any of the other sellers are selling the same item at a lower price.  Since buyers can quickly see all sellers and their prices for any item that has a UPC number, I had to lower my prices to the same amount as the lowest price on eBay for that item.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply