cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There were sellers talked about scammer from 600 Markley St, Port Reading, NJ~I just sold an item to

There were sellers talked about scammers from address 600 Markley St, Port Reading, NJ~

I just sold a item to here

the buyer 's account who used this address to receive my item has 200+ positive feedbacks located in Ukraine

I got paid yesterday but the funds still processing

I kind of worry should I just go ship the item today or wait for the funds finish processing because for now everything looks normal...however from an old post that sellers talked about scammer from this address

I am abit nervous.....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There were sellers talked about scammer from 600 Markley St, Port Reading, NJ~I just sold an item to

@tonylismThe address is probably for a freight forwarder. We ship to freight forwarders quite often. Make sure you send with tracking. I often add direct signature required, depending on how much the item is. Once the item is delivered to the address with proof of delivery, and the buyer opens a return, you are only liable for a return label from the address in the US. The buyer would still have to pay to ship it from Ukraine back to the freight forwarder's address. You could cancel with Problem with the Buyer's address if you aren't comfortable.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This place is close by to me in New Jersey and it is an export company that deals in shipping items to Eastern European countries.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if it were me, I would require a signature upon delivery and once it reaches the Port Reading address, you are no longer responsible for what happens to that package.  If someone else want to chime in on my reply, feel free.......

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@tonylism 

That address is a freight forwarder.   When a buyer uses a freight forwarder, they give up the opportunity to file claims under the Money Back Guarantee.    However, should there be a problem with this transaction, it will be up to YOU to contact eBay and point out that the buyer used a freight forwarder.   eBay will treat it as any other sale, and you should avoid upfront immediately accepting any returns for 'item not described' issues prior to contacting eBay (preferably through one their social media portals in lieu of the regular CS call back or chat). 

Many carriers have suspended shipping to the Russian Federation AND Ukraine, so perhaps that forwarder knows something we don't.  You, as the seller, have added protection for certain claims so long as you are aware of them and know how to proceed if there is a problem.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

definitely a scam - this person just hacked my Zappos account and was shipping shoes to that address!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply