cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's Still No Chance "BBE"

Over 8 months ago, my account was restricted under BBE, Still we haven't any chance to appeal it? I've been patiently waiting for my account reinstate.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Your business model is a violation of eBay policy. Amazon "dropshipping" isn't allowed. You most likely wont be coming back.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

If it's been that long, probably no coming back.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Amazon drop shipping is allowed. What is not allowed is selling an item from Amazon that the seller does not own, then buying it from same and using Prime to ship for free as a gift. 

People do use Amazon warehouses to store their merchandise that the seller owns, then Amazon ships it for them. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@the_life_store wrote:

Over 8 months ago, my account was restricted under BBE, Still we haven't any chance to appeal it? I've been patiently waiting for my account reinstate.

@the_life_store 

When the BBE restriction sets in, the only way you can beat it is mathematically. If you can't list and sell successfully, you can't improve the Bad Buyer Experience metric. I'd say your days on eBay are behind you. Good luck moving forward.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@redmodelt wrote:

Amazon drop shipping is allowed. What is not allowed is selling an item from Amazon that the seller does not own, then buying it from same and using Prime to ship for free as a gift. 

People do use Amazon warehouses to store their merchandise that the seller owns, then Amazon ships it for them. 

Correct.  I would just add while it isn't a violation to use Prime to ship an Ebay order to a buyer, it is an Amazon violation.  But then that is for Amazon to sort out.

For clarity, what is against the rules is to sell something on Ebay that you then have to purchase from some other seller, here, Amazon or elsewhere and then have that seller ship to your buyer.  That is retail arbitration that is not allowed.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Did you notice I said "dropshipping". I think it's pretty telling what the implication was. But if it went over your head I don't know what to tell you.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:
For clarity, what is against the rules is to sell something on Ebay that you then have to purchase from some other seller, here, Amazon or elsewhere and then have that seller ship to your buyer.  That is retail arbitration that is not allowed.

That would be retail arbitrage...

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Did you notice I said "dropshipping". I think it's pretty telling what the implication was. But if it went over your head I don't know what to tell you.

Often times on the threads posters refer to shipping items purchased on Ebay from Amazon as dropshipping.  That is not necessarily true.  You just needed to explain your statement a little more.  It was just too brief, so @redmodelt just clarified it a bit.

There are lots of sellers on Ebay that sell on other sites too.  Some of those sellers sell on Amazon.  And some of those sellers use Amazon FBA program to store and ship their inventory for them.  The seller owns the inventory and just pays Amazon to store and ship it.  This is not dropshipping from Amazon.

With that said, I doubt that is what the OP was doing and likely what got them into trouble.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

That would be retail arbitrage...

Yes I agree, see above.  Sorry for the typo.  LOL

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I'm sorry, if it wasn't clear I don't know what to tell you.

Go on youtube and put in amazon dropshipping ebay.

You are going to get videos of retail arbitrage.

Most people know that 'amazon dropshipping' is retail arbitrage and not actual dropshipping.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@the_life_store 

Given what you were selling and drop shipping from a 3rd party it appears, I doubt your account will be restored.

Good luck in the future!

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

I'm sorry, if it wasn't clear I don't know what to tell you.

Go on youtube and put in amazon dropshipping ebay.

You are going to get videos of retail arbitrage.

Most people know that 'amazon dropshipping' is retail arbitrage and not actual dropshipping.

You are correct, sometimes it is retail arbitrage if the seller is NOT shipping their stock that they own.  But if they are paying Amazon to ship stock they own and have housed at Amazon it is NOT retail arbitrage because the seller is NOT purchasing the stock from another seller, which is required to be retail arbitrage.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

JMHO, but I think the fine line between dropshipping/retail arbitrage and FBA is so close that I wouldn't even consider selling I don't have in my possession! 

If experienced buyers and sellers sometimes struggle to tell the difference and we know that ebay bots aren't as knowledgeable as many members are, you know mistakes will be made - in both directions!

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

JMHO, but I think the fine line between dropshipping/retail arbitrage and FBA is so close that I wouldn't even consider selling I don't have in my possession! 

If experienced buyers and sellers sometimes struggle to tell the difference and we know that ebay bots aren't as knowledgeable as many members are, you know mistakes will be made - in both directions!

Interesting.  What does having the product in your possession have to do with the determination if it is dropshipping or retail arbitrage?

Is it just because the inventory is held by Amazon that makes this determination even though the seller owns the product.  The seller pays Amazon to stock and ship their product.  What if it wasn't held at Amazon, what if the seller used another business that will store their inventory and ship it out as directed by the seller.  The seller still owns the inventory and they pay the warehouse for their services.  They are NOT purchasing their own stock RETAIL.  They own what is  in the warehouse to be shipped as directed.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply