cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The feedback system really needs revision.

Buyers can leave negative feedback but sellers can't. Ok, fine. 

But you know, when you bust your butt to maintain 100% positive feedback, and then out of the blue get a negative from a buyer who didn't bother to give you a chance to rectify his issue, it just makes this all seem like a waste of time. I mean, where's my incentive to provide great customer service if it can all just be dashed by a single vindictive buyer. Buyers should be restricted from leaving negative feedback until they've given the seller a chance to resolve their issue. That's only fair. Yeah, we sell vintage items. Sometimes they don't make it through the shipping process unscathed. Sometimes we might miss a flaw, or a scratch, or some other defect. We're happy to make good on any error we make, and we're happy to help mitigate USPS abuse. All you have to do is contact us.  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

@spark-chaser1 wrote:

I am a buyer here. I agree 100.95 per cent that if there is going to be feedback at all, it should be fair. Sellers not being able to neg... NOT fair.

Retail is not fair.

Buyers from all walks of life come into a store and have different expectations. Some are VERY far fetched.

Nothing different on the web....

But, the biggest reason for the No Negs to Buyers is this:

Target does NOT have posters of the faces in the Front Windows that says 'bad customer'. Will never happen.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I would be SHOCKED if this feedback that you got  affects your sales at all. As a buyer I would read that and roll my eyes at your buyer for not even trying to contact you about their problem.

I would be grateful you didn't have to deal with returning or partially refunding that item. 

The best thing you can do now is to move on in your mind as quickly as possible and to see your ability to emotionally rebound as a strength as a reseller.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Nobody cares about negs, unless you have a lot of them.  How you respond to that odd negative, carries far more weight with a potential buyer than the neg itself. 

Crappy sellers destroyed the buyer's ability to buy in many cases over stuff that was really the seller's fault with negatives, people stopped buying on eBay because of it.  I do not think we will ever see the ability for sellers to leave negs ever again. eBay wants buyers above all else, that is how they make their money. 

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Well, because theres a chance that if you contacted the seller with the problem and something was worked out, then you'd have a better experience to leave feedback about.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Ebay gets zero dollars without sellers products.  Everyone glosses over this as some minor point.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Once upon a time a neg would prevent you ever showing 100% positive. Now feedback is based on 12 months. Once upon a time the threat of getting a neg in return prevented buyers from leaving negs for horrible sellers. Bending over backwards to avoid a neg is not a good idea and in the end will not prevent that neg.

It just is not worth stressing about. Yeah, it hurts for about a minute. Nobody can make everybody slap happy.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

"There is one great seller I watched this happen to, I ramped up business with him just hoping to put him back to 100."

I'm just curious as to how many purchases you would need to make to bring a seller back to 100%?

I was always advanced in math, but this one has me stumped.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

You got me.... You're not losing your mind, we know it isn't gonna happen. I stink at both math and humor.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

100% agree! I had someone leave completely untruthful feedback on the service they received and the item condition...they were informed twice  prior to purchase and got a 100% refund. Ebay should have made them show the effort to contact us prior to leaving the feedback. Oh well....moving on I suppose.....but still very irritating. 

Message 24 of 24
latest reply