cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The eclipse effect

Does anyone have a gut feeling one way or the other on weather the eclipse will effect sales Sunday Monday and possibly Tuesday? I just read that many thousands will leave home and head toward totality locations.  Are any of you holding back on listings ending on those days? I can't be the only one to have wondered about the eclipse effect. Have a great week.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

The eclipse effect

@sg51 wrote:

Remember the old days in the rural areas where kids would routinely miss school during harvest etc?

In my high school, the first school day after the opening of hunting season was a school holiday.

In The Frozen Tundra, no one worked the whole first week of deer season.  You had a hole in your roof with snow blowing in or a frozen pipe that burst - tough luck.  Maybe some repair person would show up the 2nd Monday after Thanksgiving.  

We had a manufacturing plant there and couldn't get people to come in to work, even after offering triple time.   I am not making this up.

Of course, a hunter could get only one deer, which took 15 minutes, so the rest of the days were spent, um, participating in Wisconsin's hallowed sport, which is drinking.   

Remind me to tell the story sometime of the 3 guys who decided to stop at every bar on the way back after a game, from  Lambeau to where we lived 30 miles away.  One very pregnant wife was the designated driver.  It wasn't long before they had to limit it to one side of the road and things went downhill fast even after that.   Got home at 4:30 a.m. from an afternoon game and they did not come close to accomplishing the goal - there are a lot of bars in Wisconsin.

Guess I just told the story.  I really, really don't want to do any more listings right now.  Can I quit and go do something, anything else?  laughing

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

The eclipse effect

I'm going to have a kitty nap

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 32 of 36
latest reply

The eclipse effect

What site is everyone using to find the percentage of the eclipse?
I have a kid that I'd kinda like to know what I'm talking about. 😂
SW Ohio. I've seen one map and it looks like maybe the 90%.

Regarding ebay, just don't end items throughout the eclipse.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 33 of 36
latest reply

The eclipse effect

Nifty eclipse information.  It's just about 5 hours from here.  It is where my friend is going.

http://eclipse.siu.edu/about/carbondale-and-the-solar-eclipse/

(*Bleep*)
Message 34 of 36
latest reply

The eclipse effect

dilligaf

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

The eclipse effect

Apparently not!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 36 of 36
latest reply