cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2019 Community Holiday Gift Exchange LIKES & DISLIKES Thread

This is the 2019 Community Holiday Gift Exchange LIKES & DISLIKES  Thread

This  is to let  your  Pal  know a bit about yourself
What do you  collect, your favorite movies, books, colors , food , scents, hobbies,your pets, music, teams, drinks ( coffee , tea, ) sweets and on and on.... 

Also don't forget to let your  Pal know some of your dislikes or  can't haves ( some have allergies  to certain things)

Try to post in 1 post if you can. It will be easier for your secret  Pal ( once they have their giftee's name) to find it all in one post vs having to go hunt through several posts!

ok,,,,,, get ready...... get set...... go!!!!!!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

My name is Gina and I am a very laid back and easy going 36 year old stay at home mom to a beautifully spirited 4 year old.

I spend most of my days playing baby dolls and doing arts/crafts so any doll stuff, markers, bits, bobs, paint, charms etc would be extremely useful. 

In my free time I like to treasure hunt both at the thrift shops and in nature. I have an extensive gem collection and once my daughter starts school I would like to find more artifacts from the ground.  I also enjoy cooking new things, so spices or anything unique and hard to find anywhere else would make my day. 

I love coffee, chocolate, anything 80's, astrology (im a pisces), spicey food,  pins/buttons, mermaids, sharpies, art, making things, and having a good time all the time. Thats why I signed up for this 🙂

Im not into trendy things, pink things, electronic things, make up, candles or luxury goods. I dont have time to read nor do I watch tv. The only jewlery I wear is my 2 nose studs and if you send me pepsi, taffy, or hard candy we probably wont be friends, lol. 

Message 31 of 77
latest reply

I am Doug, AKA doug@ebay, and Snoop.Dougie.

I love music, to read, write, and watch movies.

I love 80s music, 50s rockabilly, and old punk rock. Fav band is The Smiths, and their singer solo Morrissey. I have one music Funko Pop of my drumming idol, Stewart Copeland of The Police. I have my eye on the Morrissey Funko Pop, and there are some Duran Duran FPs coming out soon. Since I used to get paid to pretend to be Roger Taylor, the drummer from Duran Duran, I'm fairly partial to him. I used to be a pseudo-professional drummer in a Duran Duran tribute band.

I am a Chargers fan. I still pretend they are in San Diego and not LA.

I love Mexican folk art, especially Dia de Los Muertos.

I love rockabilly culture.

I love horror books and writers, especially HP Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, and Stephen King. Also a Hunter S. Thompson fan. 

I do love Star Wars and Star Trek, the old school stuff.

Big fan of Quentin Tarantino, and 70's cinema. Also love horror films. FAV movies are Jaws, The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, The Big Lebowski.

I like wine.

Thank you!

Message 32 of 77
latest reply

Hi everyone!!

Because of the Thanksgiving  Holiday  I was not able to get a hold of everyone that signed up. I know I said you will receive your secret pal's name today but I am going to have to move it to Monday night. Sorry for the delay!

Message 33 of 77
latest reply

Hi everyone! My name is Heather. I've been selling on eBay since 2016 and I started a second eBay store @ secondhandrosa in 2018.

Anything Disney or Disneyland! My favorite classic movie is Beauty and the Beast and my favorite Pixar movie is either Inside Out or Coco.

I'm obsessed with serial killers and true crime documentaries/podcasts haha. My favorite podcast right now is "Crime Junkie."

Anything from Bath & Body Works

Pink, glitter, sparkle, and sequins 

Coffee/Starbucks

Cats and chihuahuas

80s music and fashion

Anything soft & cozy, like fuzzy socks, beanies, throw blankets, etc.

eBay swag! I wear a women's XL 

International foods and candy

Dislikes:

I'm easy to please! 

Happy Holidays to everyone! 🙂

Message 34 of 77
latest reply

My name is Rachel and I love so many things that it's impossible to go wrong with getting a gift for me.

I think that whatever is sent I will love it! I have a TON of interests but my newest ones are Crime or mystery solving kits, archery, martial arts and audio books! Lots and lots of audio books! They keep me sane during my long work hours. 🙂

The only dislikes I have are things in the horror genre of any kind.

Message 35 of 77
latest reply

I'm Andy and looking forward to this gift exchange!

• University of Utah (my son plays football there)
  • NC State University
  • Baseball, Basketball, Football
  • Star Wars, Lord of the Rings
  • Collect Sports Cards and Coins
  • Baking Cookies - Recipes for good ones
Message 36 of 77
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I've compiled some likes and dislikes below slight_smile

Pokémon Amiibos (specifically Detective Pikachu, Lucario, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff)

Sci-fi and Fantasy (both novels and tabletop role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons) nerd

Gifts that are the gifter's favorite "thing" - last year I got a ton of great kitchen supplies, some unique flower seeds, and the year prior I received some salsa that was local to the gifter's area heart

I've been getting in touch with my southern roots in the kitchen, teaching myself how to make biscuits, gumbo, dirty rice, etc. Any simple cookbooks or tools for that style of cooking would be right up my alley upside_down

Coffee coffee

Dislikes: 

Not into sweets, more into spicy/salty/vinegary things 

I've really embraced de-cluttering, so while I have a special place in my heart for knick-knacks and various collectibles, I try to limit myself to practical items or those that really mean a lot to me (such as the previously mentioned Pokémon Amiibos)

Due to a variety of sensitivities, artificially scented candles, lotions, etc. are usually a no go. Naturally scented products are usually great, though!

These are just some guidelines and honestly, I'm happy with anything that I receive. The most touching gifts have always been the ones that meant a lot to the person giving them, so don't feel limited to what I've shared here gift

Message 37 of 77
latest reply

Hello, my name in Karen and I’ve been here since 2005. 

My Likes:

~ I am just now starting Bible journaling, so any supplies for that.

~ Bath Bombs or Shower Steamers (I go through these very fast!!!)

~ I diffuse pure essential oils in my home, so pure lemon or orange or eucalyptus essential oil would be great. 
~ I love masks:  sheet mask for face, eyes, hands, feet

~ Body Scrubs

~ Bubble wrap for mailing items

~ Book of stamps

My dislikes:

~ I’m not into Knick Knacks.  My house is very minimalistic 

~ Foods are hard because I am so picky about my food.  I eat mostly fresh fruits and vegetables.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone and your families! 

Message 38 of 77
latest reply

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY I LIKE.

I GUESS NICE TOY OR TOYS FOR 

ME TO GIVE TO MARINE'S 

"TOYS FOR TOTS"

THANK YOU.

Message 39 of 77
latest reply

PATTY:

AFTER I READ THE REST OF THE POSTS, I FELT STRANGE, AS I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT WRITING WHERE FROM AND NAMES AND ALL THAT INTRO.   NICE TO READ AND SORT OF MEET PEOPLE.

I GUESS SINCE FIRST TIME, I WAS CONFUSED, BUT, I CAN TELL YOU THAT I WAS ABSOLUTELY GIVEN THE RIGHT PERSON FOR GIFTING TO.
PERFECT.  

OKAY, THANK YOU, HOPE I DIDN'T MESS UP, BUT, IF I DID, JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO.

DO YOU GIVE ME THE ADDRESS FOR MY PERSON?  

THANKS

PAIGE....  
Message 40 of 77
latest reply

@*sandpalace  (((((((((((((((((((((Paige)))))))))))))))))))))))

No you did not mess up and I will send the address later on this week when I have all of them 🙂

Message 41 of 77
latest reply

Hi guys!  I'm Katherine and I've been around on eBay since '99... I sold for a while back in 2003 but didn't really come back to it until almost six years ago now.  As far as gifts and the like go, I am very easy to please because I am not picky at all.

My favorite color is blue

Food is always great!  I love trying new things, so any sort of local/regional stuff that can't be found everywhere would be awesome

Honestly, I'd love any sort of little regional things!

Scented candles/hand lotions (fruit scents are my favorites)

Necklaces

Tea (I LOVE tea, I drink at least a cup or two a day)

Flavored coffee

Cute hair clips

Recipe books/cookbooks or spices/seasonings, because I love to cook

Chocolate.  If it's chocolate, I will love it (Reese's and Twix are particular favorites of mine, along with anything with mint or toffee)

I'm a video gamer who plays way too much Final Fantasy XIV (my main classes are Dragoon and White Mage)

I have somehow befriended four squirrels who now come to my door and expect to be fed, so some nuts that I could share with them would be great

I love spicy food and am a firm believer that one cannot have too many types of hot sauce

Dislikes:

Anything really heavily floral-scented

Not a dislike, but I don't have pierced ears so most earrings are kind of out for me

Rings and bracelets (they almost never fit properly)

... that's all I can think of; like I said, I'm not a picky person!

Message 42 of 77
latest reply

Everyone should have the name of their giftee... if you did not get it please check your community messages (it's the red envelope on the right upper corner by your user ID)

Please keep it a secret until reveal day. On reveal day you will be able to tell everyone  who you got 🙂

Message 43 of 77
latest reply

Shout out to the incredible Patty thanks for doing this!!!

I love books- I read all, the older the better- nothing reads better than an early/mid 1900s novel, science fiction, or anything in between. As long as it's good I'd love to read it no matter the Era or genre. 

i love to bake therefore I love vintage cookbooks  (think Betty Crocker)

Vinyl records are also awesome

but not the classical kind.

I love coffee, chocolate, and recipes for cookies. 

I'm a huge Oakland As fan anything in regard to that team will make me smile. 

I love EBay swag as well.

I don’t like houseware items, but I do love blankets

I Love clothing as well, anything vintage- 80s and older I am always into! 

Message 44 of 77
latest reply

Hi,

My name is Bihter but everyone call me Siler its easy to pronounce lol 

favorite color- I like almost all colors except green

books- i like anything about history of all kinds

I work at a machine shop so i always use mask, so i use character  half face mask 🙂

Am very easy to please really am happy with anything i get and the most is something i never accept to get 

So surprise me  🙂

Message 45 of 77
latest reply