cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2019 Community Holiday Gift Exchange LIKES & DISLIKES Thread

This is the 2019 Community Holiday Gift Exchange LIKES & DISLIKES  Thread

This  is to let  your  Pal  know a bit about yourself
What do you  collect, your favorite movies, books, colors , food , scents, hobbies,your pets, music, teams, drinks ( coffee , tea, ) sweets and on and on.... 

Also don't forget to let your  Pal know some of your dislikes or  can't haves ( some have allergies  to certain things)

Try to post in 1 post if you can. It will be easier for your secret  Pal ( once they have their giftee's name) to find it all in one post vs having to go hunt through several posts!

ok,,,,,, get ready...... get set...... go!!!!!!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

same as last year 🙂

I am Patty been around for a long time ... on the boards since 2001.

Colors: pink and pink and more pink... purple and teal... loveeeeeeee teal!

Sweets: dark chocolate

Love shoes  size 8.5  anything sandals, I live in Florida so no socks I never wear them not even in our winters LOL

I am always hot... I have hyperthyroid and suffer from heat 

anything that blings...

I like frogs and mermaids  unicorns and doggies

Love Vintage photos.... die for vintage photos

Enjoy Pinups 

Candles

Colognes

Hand creams... forever using them

Hand sanitizers have one in each of my purses

Ohhhh purses love them all

Love very colorful stuff... like if you goggle Jams World , I collect the Hattie dresses ,the pants and the blouses. Lilly Pulitzer is another one I like and Fresh Produce

Hair stuff go crazy for it.... Just got a bunch of Bling ponytail holders! to die for

I wear rings in all my fingers and bracelets in both arms two are Pandora filled with charms that my sons have given me !

Earrings I have three piercings in each ear.... did them myself when I worked for a Beauty supply company back in the 80s

My room is decorated Morrocan  so anything with tons of colors  trinket boxes  would totally flip over !

I drink Cuban coffee,  I drink it to go to sleep mostly ( yes I am weird... coffee puts me to sleep) 

Love to read anything about collecting will be fun and  used a lot!

I have a doggie named Penny a rescue  Rat Terrier Mix

Old newspapers, magazines

Any thing typical from your home state... magnets, post cards

Pens, pencils, pins

old cooking books

Dislikes:

White or milk chocolate

Cinnamon

Patchouli

I am pretty easy going so anything goes for me I would love anything I get!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 2 of 77
latest reply

My name is Jamie!

I’m pretty easy - there’s nothing I truly don’t like.

I’m a vintage nut, but not picky if something is a cute reproduction 

I really like stuff for the table - napkins, salt and pepper shakers, vases, cutesy stuff.

I have a kitsch beach theme bathroom with a sunken Roman tub that could use some little tchotchkes or candles or whatever.

I love those chocolate parfait  nips from the 99 cent store.

I love vintage costume jewelry, including clip on earrings.

Goofy tea towels and kitchen stuff.

I’m working on a tropical theme bedroom.

Anything mid century.

I have 3 fur babies - dogs.

Im a special education middle school teacher.

Message 3 of 77
latest reply

Hi I am Kim.  I've been a board member since 2013

My list is pretty much the same as last year...

Favorite color is red.

I am a US Army Veteran and love anything patriotic.

Potpourri and scented candles.

Fun socks. 

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.  Dark, white, semi-sweet,  w/nuts, w/carmel, w/fruit...never ate a chocolate that I did not love.

I have one dog, a boxer golden retriever mix.  She loves to wear bandannas and plays with tennis balls.

I am a very easy going person, so anything that I receive will be fun for me.

Dislikes:

????  Anchovies and sardines ????  That is really all I can think of.

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

Hi all! 

My name is Samantha.

Some of the things I like are puzzle books, postcards, and bandannas (I wear a lot of these for work). I love to do crafting and recently just got into making bracelets and necklaces.

I have a medium size dog who loves squeaky toys! 

Message 5 of 77
latest reply

Hi - I am Lisa. My husband Kevin and I are empty nesters. We have four amazing grandbabies age 2 months to 6. I quit my job today to start a new one in December.        I am nervous. ? 😞 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE eBay Swag  - it is my favorite !!!! 
I LOVE any ebay shirt in size xl or 2x (I teach classes and enjoy wearing them to teach)
What do I  collect? University of Missouri stuff and giraffes.
My favorite movie - American President
My Favorite book? Well this is not my favorite book, but I really like it and would like to have the journal to it - Michelle Obama Becoming: A Guided Journal
Favorite colors - Greens Blues 
Favorite  food  - gum and almond toffee (gluten free)
hobbies, -- going to estate / garage sales & selling on eBay
your pets 😞 Died last October 😞 
 music - pandora  on my computer -- Point of Grace (lead singer of POG was in my office last week, it was cool!), NewSong, Matthew West, Disney Soundtracks 
teams University of Missouri
 drinks - chia tea

What I do not like - well I have celiac disease so I cannot eat gluten, wheat, rye and barley and have to eat gluten free. I do not care for nick knacks that gather dust and I tend to be a minimalist outside of my eBay sales. 

This was my all time favorite gift exchange last year!! 
Message 6 of 77
latest reply

Health food munchies - nuts etc , chocolate is yummy.  Black favorite color.  Reselling is my hobby and business...I'm a picker / hoarder LOL .  I do paint some ..so acrylic paints , small paint brushes .  Love vintage jewelry .  I can always use fitted gloves , knit hats - ski masks ...gets cold in Ohio picking outside . 

Hmmm dislikes , things that smell ie potpouri  . And  ...glitter .  LOL 

Message 7 of 77
latest reply

Hello,
My name is Susan, a transplanted Brit.

Love chocolate, anything pug, anything coffee.

ON dislike anything raisins,,,,,and that is it.
Thank you.
Happy holidays to all.
Message 8 of 77
latest reply

My name is Diane.  I'm very old, and I live near San Jose.

I started selling on eBay in March 1999.

I've been on the boards (but not posting much in public) since the threaded boards were born in January of 2000.

Likes...

dark chocolate

prints and old postcards with cats

garden things (I'm an enthusiastic gardener)

classical music

Pokemon Go and Harry Potter Wizards Unite (I play both every day)

black India tea

anything pomegranate

Dislikes

Jewelry (I love jewelry, but I can barely wear what I already have)

white chocolate & milk chocolate

coffee

kitchen stuff (I have tons already and did a major clean-out when we had the cabinets refaced in April)

eucalyptus in anything (I'm allergic)

Message 9 of 77
latest reply

Hi I'm Tracy, married for almost 20 years and have 2 teenagers who know everything.

Here's my list....

I don't watch a lot of TV or read (no time)

Favorite Color - Aqua, Teal or yellow

Favorite Food - cheese or good quality dark chocolate

Hobbies - camping, cooking, wine (can wine be a hobby?)

Pets - 2 Dachshunds that are old but so sweet, 2 needy cats and 6 neglected saltwater fish who forgive me daily

Music and sports - no time

Scents - fruity stuff

Drinks - any unsweetened tea from Republic of Tea - I'm an addict

I sell shoes here and they are my passion but I love all things comfortable/cozy.  Blankets/socks etc

I love to entertain and like unique items for serve/glassware

Also love any home decor with Flamingos or Toucans

Message 10 of 77
latest reply

My name is Marie

This isn't in any particular order.

Things I like.

My favorite color is Purple, rich blue, pink, muted red and more.

I love decorating for the holidays.  I have lots of decorations for Christmas, but I could use more fall stuff.  Halloween and/or Thanksgiving.

Nuts, most kinds except peanuts unless they come in a cookie!  Oddly peanut butter cookies are my favorites.

Anything that is Seattle Seahawk's related.

I have a large dog, seen in my avatar, she loves soft treats.  Unfortunately we lost her brother, also in my avatar pic, a couple years ago this month.  Her name is Ohana [family in Hawaiian], his was Suka [fast in Eskimo].

Beaded ornament kits.

Floral perfumes with a bit of musk.

Beaded Holiday Ornament patterns

Giraffes, I love realistic looking giraffes.

Wine, Sweet Red Blend, white zin, Moscato [all shades]

Good black licorice.

Marvel or other Super Hero movies and action movies in general.

Coffee, no fancy flavors, just a good ole cup of Joe.

Handmade / homemade Christmas ornaments.

Things I don't enjoy.

The color yellow

Hot and spicy food

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 11 of 77
latest reply

Hi, I’m Stephanie.
I live in the wait-for-the-weather-to change mitten state with my husband, teenage daughter and cat (don’t ask which one is my favorite).

I’m upper middle age, act like a child, and still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I’m grumpy, sarcastic and lazy. I like simple and classic things.

I’d like to be Audrey Hepburn or Laura Petrie. I’d like to hang out with Ben Franklin and Samuel Clemons.
I’m addicted to NPR and documentaries but I binge watch all sorts of shows. Monty Python makes me laugh and no one I know anymore actually gets it. I am an anglophile. (I really need another Downton Abbey movie NOW)

I’d like to read more non-fiction - history, how-to's, humor, recreation & leisure. The last two nonfiction books I read were about string and manners.

I do some simple crafts. I like casual hiking and being out in nature. I DIY around the house and garden.
My favorite colors are green, black, and earth tones.

I don’t like pink, bling, Precious Moments, chick flicks, romance novels or long walks on the beach.

Most importantly, I guarantee that I will love whatever I get. No, seriously, I will.

Message 12 of 77
latest reply

I'm so excited to participate in this!! How fun! Thanks for organizing Patty!

Craft Kits

Scarves / Beanies

SF Giants

Coffee

My cockapoo pup named Mazie

eBay (of course)

Dislikes:

Not a whole lot...i'm pretty easy

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

Found my old post from last year's likes/dislikes list.  Only made a few edits.

Hey there,

I'm Suzanne and live in Savannah, Georgia. I've been on the boards for 9+ years.

While I love winter gear, I just don't get the opportunity to bust out the gloves, scarves & hats often. (It'll be in the 70s tomorrow... brrr! lol - and yes, it will be again this year as it was last year)

Anything regional or unique that I couldn't readily find on the shelves here - especially edibles (honey, jams, sweets, etc.)

Sweets except for peanut things or floral flavors. Fruity, plain, nutty and coffee. 

I lean heavily towards dark chocolate, but won't turn my nose up at milk.  Chocolate covered cherries and almond/marzipan... mmmm mmmm.

Hair things are always great - mine is long and curly. Always putting it up or away from my face (headbands, clips, pony tails)

Mostly wear silver jewelry but minimalist in design.  I do love my horn bracelet though or pieces like it (wood, horn, dark colors)

I wear a lot of black and neutrals.   I still love my 80s "new wave" music with a dash of punk.

Vintage wooden rulers

Calendars - Wildlife, Ansel Adams, and English garden themed. Humor is fun too (like The New Yorker cartoons).

Crossword puzzle mags - challenging ones so I can get frustrated.

Lavender lotions. Lavender actually keeps away mosquitoes too! but it's gotta be the real stuff. If I don't put it on when I head outdoors, I'm the meal.

Sports:  I'm a huge tennis fan.  I've been to the US Open a lot and watch all the Grand Slams faithfully and other tourneys.  I'm still holding out for Roger to win one more GS 😃  I'm a mediocre player though.

I like gardening.  New garden and still experimenting with different veggies.  My most successful crop last year was watermelon.  One plant yielded six 25+ lb watermelons and took over my yard (that was a big mistake lol).   I was giving them away.

My two spoiled, tuxedo rescue furballs are currently staring at me.   Adopting rescues is a must!  I also feed 3 stray gingers that came with the house lol.   My donations of stuff generally go to the Humane Society.

I'm pescatarian. If it walks or flies, I don't eat it.

I'm just tossing out ideas... but I'm pretty easy and appreciative of most things.

Please no candles. I like candles, but have to be real careful with the scent. Many make me queasy.

I'm not into super hot-spicy.

- Suzanne -
Message 14 of 77
latest reply

I Want To Thank You For Your Service & All That You Have Done & Still Do!!
Message 15 of 77
latest reply