cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Ebay for standing by a seller

With all the negatives  I wanted to post a positive. I had a buyer with an apparent anxiety disorder (or just plain narcissitic) trying to work with him was very trying, he was still not satisfied even with return and refund.  ClIming NAD, Normaly I expect when a buyer reports a problem ebay sides with the buyer no matter what right or wrong,  (customer is always right philosophy", however THANK YOU EBAY for reviewing and doing the right thing. Most of my buyers are wonderful, and I thank them appreciate you all. This time I appreciate the support, as this person was unsatisfiable, and untruthful. Thank you thank you!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What did they do to support you?  You won a NAD?  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

its really easy to win a NAD.  if you just offer free returns you can always refund only 50% and you will always win a dispute.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

What did they do to support you?  You won a NAD?  

@simply-the-best-for-you 

I'm guessing it was won an appeal with the OP's reference, "... for reviewing and doing the right thing."

On the edge of my LaZBoy, though...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You will always win a NAD dispute? Seriously? If you receive back something other than the item you sold, would you also call that a win? Paying for return shipping is a win?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@wrong66 

How often has that happened to YOU?

What percentage of YOUR sales resulted in a switched item?

What percentage of YOUR disputes resulted in a switched item?

We see this claim over and over, but most of the time it is not the harmed seller posting about it. It's possible, but I think it is as much an Urban Legend as a common occurrence.

EBay does have an appeal process for switcheroos. I don't think I have ever seen a detailed report of how to deal with them. velvet@ebay ?

Most people are honest. And most crooks are lazy.  Challenge them to do something simple like repack the disputed item and ship it back, and they won't bother. Then the seller wins.

"I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please return it for a refund."

"I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please open an eBay Dispute so I can send you return shipping. When it arrives I will refund."

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I took issue with the word "always". There is no "always". If there was, we wouldn't be constantly hearing from posters who got screwed on a NAD return. I've never had a return in 20 years, but I read the boards.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

A seller very rarely wins an actual INAD case - BUT - on appeal we can get the decisiion overturned, many seller's [like the OP] assume the buyer has been slapped for this, but the buyer is not aware of it as eBay will compensate the seller out of their own funds in this situation.

Unless a buyer has a record of claim abuse, never upsetting a buyer is eBay's golden rule.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@wrong66 

How often has that happened to YOU?

What percentage of YOUR sales resulted in a switched item?

What percentage of YOUR disputes resulted in a switched item?

We see this claim over and over, but most of the time it is not the harmed seller posting about it. It's possible, but I think it is as much an Urban Legend as a common occurrence.

EBay does have an appeal process for switcheroos. I don't think I have ever seen a detailed report of how to deal with them. velvet@ebay ?

Most people are honest. And most crooks are lazy.  Challenge them to do something simple like repack the disputed item and ship it back, and they won't bother. Then the seller wins.

"I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please open an eBay Dispute so I can send you return shipping. When it arrives I will refund."

Hey @femmefan1946! That's a good question, and a somewhat hard one to answer. Appeals are reviewed by teammates and are usually decided on a case by case basis considering a number of things. I can provide you this help page though, that goes into high level info about appealing claims. I can also provide you with this help page that goes into seller protections. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply