cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRAFFIC & SALES DECLINE DUE TO EBAY TECHNICAL ISSUE

I just got off the phone with a rep that told me that ebay is having issues with the way traffic is being shifted to targeted seller accounts.  He stated there is no rhyme or reason as to why certain accounts are not getting traffic and sales like they were but they are working on it.  They will not know if you are particularly having any issues unless you call up and open a ticket for this problem.  So, if you are having this issue currently please contact them.  The past couple weeks have been terrible for my husband and I both as well as some friends selling on here.  I know it was an ebay issue because other sales platforms I am on have picked up in sales tremendously.  I hope this helps anyone else having this issue.  

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

old news, been effected going into 4 weeks now, several tickets opened with tech support - nothing has been done. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

My experience with ebay technical help is that tickets are submitted and little happens. Ebay is becoming like the malls. When they open they focus on getting traffic to the stores but as they grow, they take the stores for granted. And eventually close.

Ebay should concentrate on bringing traffic to stores and fix the technical issues. I have had significant decline in sales with no change in price, but traffic has been horrible and most of my customers are on the west coast. How does that happen for an east coast seller?

A couple months ago, I inquired about this, the technical guy got traffic to my store for about an hour and the next day it went to nothing.

EBAY should focus all its efforts on getting traffic to stores and fix computer glitches. Otherwise it's going to face the same fate as the malls.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

rhma54
Thrill-Seeker

@ersamar73 wrote:

I just got off the phone with a rep that told me that ebay is having issues with the way traffic is being shifted to targeted seller accounts.  He stated there is no rhyme or reason as to why certain accounts are not getting traffic and sales like they were but they are working on it.  They will not know if you are particularly having any issues unless you call up and open a ticket for this problem.  So, if you are having this issue currently please contact them.  The past couple weeks have been terrible for my husband and I both as well as some friends selling on here.  I know it was an ebay issue because other sales platforms I am on have picked up in sales tremendously.  I hope this helps anyone else having this issue.  

Is this another fabrication, like the one where the FTC told you that eBay is evil?

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@rhma54 @ersamar73 

Yep, she ruined any credibility with the claim that she was secretly invited - by the FTC - to a  class action lawsuit.  

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia 

she's baaaack..... I knew this sounded familiar.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Not enough popcorn.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Going on 4 weeks? This has been going on for 4 years (really longer but who's counting). There IS no reason for sales slowing down... just the eb and flo of online sales. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

He stated there is no rhyme or reason as to why certain accounts are not getting traffic

That's the definition of random.

As in, not aimed at any person or class of persons.

EBay does seem to do something because we all notice from time to time we get a higher than normal number of sales from a certain location.

My records include the destination of purchases, and there will be the odd day when I get two or three sales to, say, North Dakota, or , in one memorable instance, Leichtenstein.

As long as this is happening randomly, it leaves a level playing field. Everybody gets views in high population areas followed by being visible in low population areas.

And of course, if our listings are Fixed Price, there will be times when our oldest listings are circulating but have dropped below some other seller's newer listing for a similar item. EBay certainly encourages having new items turning up every day. 

Some sellers will pull older listings for a week or two, then relist as Sell Similar to get the "new to eBay" glow.

TL/DR-- it's never the seller's responsibility. THEY did it-- for a given value of THEY.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

actually is an issue going on right now with listings not getting views and promoted listings. I called EB (again) and tech support finally did something this time. Rep said there was an issue going on and has been submitting tickets to tech support who has been accepting tickets past several days on the issue. A day later (not even) my sales returned came out of a pretty good weekend in sales... not the best nor an astonishing amount - but a best weekend I have had in 5-6 weeks since this started. 

Listings are getting views again. There is still issue with promoted listings. If you create a listing and elect promoted percentage/campaign during making listing and then activate, the listing does not enter promoted listings. When you go to the listing on seller hub the link to promote is present, even though you already did when you made the listing. To solve this (and it's the only way) is to go into listing edit, uncheck promoted option, save, go to the listing in seller hub, promote through the hover link. Other wise it will tell you an error that listing can't be promoted. 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Are you saying you called the Help Desk because your sales were down and Help Desk changed algorithms so you could get more sales?    If I understand you correctly you believe EBAY has been playing favorites (EBAY does NOT allow customers to make purchases from your store).   Only preferred Sellers are allowed to make sales?  Is this what I am supposed to believe?

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

You just keep believing all that; and when your done, I've got beach front property in Kansas for you to purchase.. cheap! 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

You just keep believing all that; and when your done, I've got beach front property in Kansas for you to purchase.. cheap! 

lol "OK", idk what your talking about, believe what? that there is an issue happening right now? Well, believe what you will, not much concern to me either way. 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I just got off the phone with a rep that told me

I have got to remember to not click on the ones that start off this way...........

Here's the deal - I polled my cats, the neighbor's cats, all the imaginary cats I could find.  They all agree, that while you *might* be talking to someone at e-Bay......  it is concluded that *perhaps* you are not "listening" very well.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this helpful because I like the fact that you stated 'the lie that is turning your eyes'  this speaks volumes on this platform.  We are all being torn

Apart, lied to

so much deceit.

Here.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply