cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THRIFT STORE BUYER/RESELLER? - HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED RUDELY BECAUSE OF IT?

I have, multiple times.  I am not sure why the discrimination but it's real.  Most thrifts are fine and realise that what we don't resell, likely gets donated right back to them. It's a constant source of income, even in the slowest months.

Any one else been treated less than courteous manner when shopping the thrift stores just for the simple reason they know you are a reseller?  Please share your experiences.  Happened to me again today.  I will be calling the director of operations tomorrow when I've calmed down.slight_frown

Message 1 of 416
latest reply
415 REPLIES 415

Re: THRIFT STORE BUYER/RESELLER? - HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED RUDELY BECAUSE OF IT?

Ha! They heard us.    I got bit on the neck by one yesterday.  It's now the size of a large marble and I think I might have to go have it drained. Ice isn't working at all.   All the signs of stupid infection:(

Note to self:  Never smash a large spider with a slipper against a snowy white wall.Smiley Surprised

I have this big brown splat on what used to be my photo wall. 

Message 406 of 416
latest reply

Windex on the wall even if it's matte finish, Witch hazel on the neck...you'll live. 🙂

Message 407 of 416
latest reply

I live in NYC,  I have found  that those who donate only do so for tax write offs, Period.  They don't care if goes to needed ect....

When Mom passed, almost 15 yrs ago we donated because we didn't want to throw away.

I actually aquire a lot of my stock from people who move and do not  go via the thrift/tax write off route.  They donate to me.

Message 408 of 416
latest reply

Thanks!  I have windex.  On my way to Safeway for the Witch Hazel.  Been wanting some in the house anyway. 

Message 409 of 416
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
If you want to really see vultures try a GW Outlet when fresh bins get rolled out - lordy.

Oh, my goodness, yes!  There is one by where I work so I pop in frequently.  However, I have cut back on that quite a bit because of certain folks who show up.  There have been fights break out and I know of 2 people who have been banned from there because of it (thankfully). 

Message 410 of 416
latest reply

Lol!! Love your post.

No scairdy cats here.

But I do hate grabbing things and feeling that live wiggle.

I never buy Preowned wool. Those sneaky moths will make a hole somewhere.

Even if it's NWT!!

But once, in a thrift, Mu husband saw an animal run across the floor.

He looked at a woman who saw it too,

He insisted we leave.

He has had lots of experience with city animals.

trapping is his job at our house.

Message 411 of 416
latest reply

ersatz - witch hazel.  We tried, just not to be.  Just got home from urgent care. The spider bite blew up on me and swelling was headed directly (and only an inch away) where I just had the biopsy for thyroid cancer yesterday afternoon.

Got super drugs to take to stop infection.  The last place I want to be on Memorial Day weekend (in our tourist town) is urgent care or the emergency room:(   I was just out in the shop getting some things ready to list (having a beer) and my neck felt funny.  Went in the house and looked in the mirror and oh pooh....

Message 412 of 416
latest reply

Oh ugh... I'm glad you caught it before anything bad happened!  What did they give you for it?  I got an infected cut a few years back and I had to take some pretty nasty stuff to clear that up... wonder if they gave you the same thing.

Message 413 of 416
latest reply

doxycycline for 10 days and methylprednisolone and those are weird. Six pills the first day, then 5 the 2nd and so on down the line for 6 days.  Glad I went.  Seems like every time I lay down it doubles in size so was worried about tonight and what I would find in am.  

ER on holiday weekend... nightmare 5 hours min wait and you can't leave the waiting room, if they call you and you're outside the door... they go on to the next person.  Bad place to be.

Message 414 of 416
latest reply

I'm glad you used your common sense then and got yourself to the clinic. I've never had a spider bite blow up quite like that. I wonder what kind of spider, any idea? Hope you're feeling better. 

Now off to decontaminate the couple boxes of stuff I just brought back from my cottage on this last trip, it's an ongoing process. 

Realized they weren't mice. They were squirrels. They had bedded down in some clothing on the floor in the closet. Oopsy! Bad idea to leave that there. There was a pile of d-con they had hoarded too, and some little black things that I finally identified as pokeweed seeds. 

100 year old log cabin cottages always have a few openings that I'll never find. 

Message 415 of 416
latest reply

I've had 2 spider bites. One on my fave and one on my knee. Both swelled up like balloons. Couple days of ice and Benadryl and back to normal. Irritating to say the least.
Hope you feel better.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 416 of 416
latest reply