cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE MORE WE BEG EBAY TO STOP, THE MORE THEY DESTROY

My title says it all. They lie about us asking for these changes. I bet they don't show the brass

the 99.9 % of messages telling them to stop. They hit DELETE on those.

All I can say is......while your in there never ending beta tests, you won't sell anything.

CHANGES=LOST SALES

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: THE MORE WE BEG EBAY TO STOP, THE MORE THEY DESTROY

They stuck me with seller hub a long time ago and I hate it. I am not a huge seller and I do not NEED all that **bleep**

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I have sold for 20 years and I know this time of year can be slow.  BUT the last 3 months my sales have gone down in half each month.  And just the other night they showed me their stinking beta test to relist - but yet a HUGE seller with 2,800 items, no returns, no 1 day handling is selling like crazy - selling the same things I do for HUGE  money.  Seems to me those who pay the big bucks to Ebay sell - the rest of us are guinea pigs.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I sell on Etsy also and I am not real aware of all the changes but I do know you can go into a slump for months and then sell.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I agree - some of us are being toasted by Ebay and I am 72, live on Social Security and what I sell which anymore is nothing.  If you are selling thank the Ebay gods because many of us are not

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I appreciate your post. But begging them to stop is wasted. It's too late.

They won't change course if only for pride. Either accept all the changes, be ready for more silliness, or leave.

We'll be flipping a coin sometime soon.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@kraftyrose wrote:

I sell on Etsy also and I am not real aware of all the changes but I do know you can go into a slump for months and then sell.

They brag about their continual tests - sales become disrupted, strange programs (like the success penalty) are instituted - it's not as in your face as eBay, but OMG, they're constantly testing and tinkering on sellers' live listings, and it's usually some kind of twee rubbish.  I used to love Etsy but the platform drove me crazy after Silverman got his hands on it and accelerated testing and pushed free shipping, and guess what, Silverman is an old eBay lag.  But I'm saying that although eBay is really throwing an awful lot at sellers right now, I've gone through this with Etsy.  I think it's some kind of corporate ill.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Yes, I am sure they delete 99.999% of the responses to surveys as they should in most cases.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I think you're being unfair.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
How else can they shore up these categories for paid off-site ads?

It's not only going to get continually more expensive to sell here?

Good post though.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply