cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious Buyer

So I recently sold a Laptop a few days ago. It was suppose to go out today but I recently received an email from eBay saying suspicious buyer for the item. The buyer is no longer registered on eBay. I received payment for the item but the email says not to send it out. Not really sure what to do next. Any help would be great! 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Suspicious Buyer

Did you really receive payment? Seriously look in PP to see if the funds are there. Fraud buyers will sometimes send a fake payment received notice to you.  If they really did pay refund and relist

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Do NOT ship. The money will probably be clawed back shortly...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Don't send it. 

Nice that they are going to keep the final value fee.   ???????

Did they snag the PayPal money yet? 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

I am wondering why the heck they would do that, as they nuked the transaction themselves due to the NARUd buyer (and probably for the best, of course, but I don't see why they get to claim a percentage of a transaction that was not completed). @Anonymous?

One other interesting detail I notice in that eBay message: they are now recommending that it should be sold only as a BuyItNow with Immediate Payment Required, which is what we here have been saying for ages.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

PP will take the funds back. I would wait for them to do it though so it all on record that it was recovered. You never know what/where you will deal with when fraud is involved. Protect yourself and wait for them to take the money back. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I've been in similar situations from time to time over the years.  Ebay has always refunded my FVF in full. 

But the OP can check their account.  If they don't have a refund, they can call Ebay and get it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a_c_green wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

I am wondering why the heck they would do that, as they nuked the transaction themselves due to the NARUd buyer (and probably for the best, of course, but I don't see why they get to claim a percentage of a transaction that was not completed). @Anonymous?

One other interesting detail I notice in that eBay message: they are now recommending that it should be sold only as a BuyItNow with Immediate Payment Required, which is what we here have been saying for ages.

Hi @a_c_green, though I am not able to discuss the specific details of this situation, I can confirm that there are times where we will retain the final value fee. One of the examples of when this may occur is if there is reason to believe the transaction was completed off our site. If anyone ever has questions about fees related to a sale, they are welcome to contact Customer Service for review.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@slideshopper wrote:

Did you really receive payment? Seriously look in PP to see if the funds are there. Fraud buyers will sometimes send a fake payment received notice to you.  If they really did pay refund and relist

Nice how they go through every scenario EXCEPT for the one where the seller gets paid(if they really did). And nice that they 'canceled their bids' a day late and a few hundred dollars short ........

"So I recently sold a Laptop a few days ago"

______

lol if there was a dollar for every NARU name that ever dibble dabbled with laptops or anything with a memory card here at eBay, I'm sure everyone so far on this thread could divvy up the the $$ equally and have a nice all expenses paid vacation for a few days (or longer).

Message 10 of 10
latest reply