cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended for Failure to Pay on Autopay

I am a top rated seller and have had payments set up to go through my bank automatically.  It has been this way for close to a year since managed payments took over.  This month, I was suspended from listing for an outstanding balance.  My store subscription fee and a bunch of UPS labels hit and instead of turning to my bank account as they have done for a year, Ebay suspended my listing privileges.  I spoke with several customer service reps and was finally told to make a one time payment while eBay tried to correct the error in their system.  No apologies, just an acknowledgement that it was a system error.

Beware Sellers....if you have a notice of outstanding fees, you may be suspended even if you have set up autopay.  Apparently just another way for eBay to get rid of those of us not selling sneakers or sports cards.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Their error yet you can't list but they still rake in the fees for your store subscription...LOL

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@sardog107 wrote:

I was suspended from listing for an outstanding balance.  My store subscription fee and a bunch of UPS labels hits.

It sounds like you did not have enough to pay thus the reason for your outstanding balance? Also Ebay does not care if you sell sports cards or sneakers, they only want the money.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Wow,

In the past year all of my store scription fees have been paid by credit card. I do not have anything set up to pay my fees with pending sales through MP's. Yet, this past month that is exactly what happened. 

I was not suspended because it was just LUCK that I had a positive pending balance. 

Will see if I am suspended this month, I don't plan to waste a lot of time selling on eBay this month. Won't have any pending balence.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@collectfest wrote:

Wow,

In the past year all of my store scription fees have been paid by credit card. I do not have anything set up to pay my fees with pending sales through MP's. Yet, this past month that is exactly what happened. 

I was not suspended because it was just LUCK that I had a positive pending balance. 

Will see if I am suspended this month, I don't plan to waste a lot of time selling on eBay this month. Won't have any pending balence.

Worried me - I bill my Store to my bank account as well each month - just went to be certain it was taken out as they did a payout at about the same time.  They did take it from my bank account on the one seller account and from the payout on the other.

Glitch perhaps??

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Plenty of money in the account to pay, they admitted it was their error.  If you really believe eBay doesn't favor certain categories, read the reports from the CEO.  He makes it clear eBay sees their future growth in sneakers and sports cards.  Look at the fee structure that favors those two.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Again, three days later, they hit me with fees that are not being taken from my account.  As a result, I have an outstanding balance and all my listings that were set to relist automatically have been cancelled.  I am typing this while on hold with eBay customer service.  If it is a glitch, its a big one!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Three days later and I am hit with an invoice for more outstanding fees.  No attempt has been made to charge my account.  Now any listing that expired has been cancelled instead of auto relisted.  I am assuming it is because my account is restricted again.  I have been on the phone with eBay for nearly 30 minutes with no answers.  I am typing this as I wait to be transferred again....

I am told it was and is a system error.  No other explanation, no apology, nothing indicating it will be addressed.  Still on hold.....

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Over an hour on the phone and this is what I have learned...

FedEx and UPS labels are no longer auto paid from your account.  They can only be paid through one time payments.  Wait, there's more....  if UPS submits an invoice from a package sent 3 weeks ago, that invoice is considered three weeks old by eBay.  If you happen to have charges that are from 30 days ago, the eBay system treats it as delinquent and your account is placed on hold.  Any invoice over three days old can result in a restriction being placed on your account.  My labels from March 1, seven days ago, posted today showing up as a delinquency resulting in my listing privilege's being suspended.  All my good til cancelled listings that were set to relist instead were cancelled.

Moral of the story...if you use FedEx or UPS, don't use eBay shipping as you will not know when the charges will hit and you will have to manually pay for them if you don't have available managed funds.   Instead, use an off eBay mailer to do the same thing and import the tracking number to eBay.  USPS charges hit immediately so there won't be surprises from that carrier.  

Joe, in the Leadership Team, told me this was new to the eBay system and it has been an issue.  FedEx and UPS are apparently not the shippers of choice of eBay and they are not reluctant to show it.  Too bad the sellers are the ones paying the price.

Oh eBay.....

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

If ebay were held to the same standards that they hold sellers to they would of had a indefinite suspension many years ago. They are as competent as government only with less accountability.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply