cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Buyer

This guy has bought from me several times. His feedback shows he buys a lot off of ebay . As soon as he makes a purchase, he leaves feedback asking for some extras for free. (Over 600 times)  Then he sends a message asking for free stuff.  I don't respond. I just send him what he bought. I wonder if he ever does get free stuff this way? feedback.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Strange Buyer

He  might, he might not.  Apparently he does not know that it is against policy to ask for something that is not in the listing.  I believe you could report this buyer.

Did you check to see if he is a seller?  He may be trying to build up his inventory this way.  It's been said many times that sellers are the worst buyers.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

Ha! Bet the guy is making a fortune in extra goodies. Otherwise, I just can't see why he would continue asking if people weren't complying...lol

I need to give that a shot the next time I buy a diamond ring..maybe I'll get two....lmbo!

Cheers
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

Technically,

I can't find a policy that says it's prohibited to politely ask for more than the listing offers.

It is against policy, to threaten returns, or bad feedback, or low dsr's in such a situation.

Thanks.

btw, I'd BLOCK this buyer in a New York minute!

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

@18704d wrote:

Technically,

I can't find a policy that says it's prohibited to politely ask for more than the listing offers.

It is against policy, to threaten returns, or bad feedback, or low dsr's in such a situation.

Thanks.

btw, I'd BLOCK this buyer in a New York minute!

Lynn

I see what you mean.  I'm going by you are not supposed to ask for something that is not included in the listing~politeness notwithstanding, although it is good to be polite, especially if you are asking for freebies, LOL!

Yes, run, don't walk, to your nearest friendly BBL in a NY second if possible!Smiley HappySmiley Wink  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

@juststuffisell wrote:
Ha! Bet the guy is making a fortune in extra goodies. Otherwise, I just can't see why he would continue asking if people weren't complying...lol

I need to give that a shot the next time I buy a diamond ring..maybe I'll get two....lmbo!

Cheers

He probably figures nothing ventured, nothing gained, and it doesn't hurt to try!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

If he buys from me i will send him some free Rocks"
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

Send this buyer the merchandise they paid for and move on...

Putting a paying buyer like that on a BBL?

Wow

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

You got to check where he lives. 

It could be an old person with a bad wi fi connection that makes his computer so slow so he keeps sending a message without knowing that if it doesn't sail, it doesn't mean you won't get it later, that many times.Smiley Wink 

I see the same here, sometimes you click on the "post" but it doesn't go away, you double click thinking the message will be only one. 

If anybody is sending him free stuff, I only can think of a guy selling stamps, something so light. Any other person, unless the item completes the pound if they have to ship 2.12 oz or so. 

Me? I stopped last year on being nice. No thanks, no freebies. Smiley Wink

latest reply

Strange Buyer

@vejtrjojbvs0 wrote:

Send this buyer the merchandise they paid for and move on...

Putting a paying buyer like that on a BBL?

Wow

Even worse, a REPEAT buyer!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

He's been a good customer so far and I see no reason  to block him.  He leaves positive feedback as soon as he pays along with his request for some freebies. He has asked for freebies over 600 times through feedback. It must be paying off for him or he probably would have given up by now. Almost makes me want to send him something extra.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Strange Buyer

Have any of his sellers left feedback for him asking him to send more money?  🙂 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply