cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Renewal Fast Approaching ~ Online "Hustle" or Online "Shuffle"??

Just as the title suggests.....end of July have to decide on Store renewal.  Downgraded to Basic last year from Premium. 

Keep thinking things will improve, get better.

Will they?  Isn't this the new "norm"?

Time to Gather up all Baskets and explore all options? 

Is it really necessary to have a prescence on every platform to keep this online deal alive?

Are we now an Online "Hustle" or Online "Shuffle"???

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@katzrul15 wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I've never sold exclusively on eBay - in fact, when I started here in 2001 I had already been selling on other sites.  So it has always made sense to me to spread things out a bit.

I'm still just chugging along, sales down a bit, but steady, but feel that it's delusional to think that at this point anything should be 'back to normal', and that's not really even the question to ask, anyway.  Rather, it's "OK, how do I adapt to current conditions", as @katzrul15 says.  Nothing is going to be as it was - this is a world-wide situation (Biden doesn't run eBay, nor does he control gas prices all over the world, which are high all over the world, or inflation, also world-wide), and we've had a huge shift in pretty much everything, including the reality of consumerism. Being flexible is a good idea.

Thanks for the chime-in.............we are ALL smart savy Sellers..........(well, most are anyway) - Seriously, this is not going to be a short little detour.  

We have sold on the River since 2006, but have not gotten excited about other sites.  Still not "excited", but need to send out the exploratory search squad to see if it makes sense to pitch a tent or 2!
@

12.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 35 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

I've chosen to ride the wave. Take a Dramamine. 

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 stores and just made  enough cover fees. Will end 1 store in July and downgrade or end the other 3 as the termination dates come up. I don't see Ebay improving as long as the present administration stays in power.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

@heckofagame 

is your "wave" in multiple oceans/riptides or just in the Bay?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 4 stores and just made  enough cover fees. Will end 1 store in July and downgrade or end the other 3 as the termination dates come up. I don't see Ebay improving as long as the present administration stays in power.

4 stores?  We have 2 selling IDs.....just 1 Store on main account. 

Not thinking of leaving e-Bay entirely, but not sure/sold on doing Store renewal.  

Thinking need to expand/explore some tandem efforts....

Posting ID Only.......
Message 5 of 36
latest reply

@katzrul15  Only you can decide what is right for your business.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

@katzrul15 

Currently just in the Bay, but exploring additional options. No guts, no glory?

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

got rid of store: way things are going will be cheaper for me.

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote: ... Keep thinking things will improve, get better.

Will they?  Isn't this the new "norm"?...

If you're that uncertain, then probably you should hedge your bets by keeping the Basic store subscription, but switching to month-to-month so you can cancel without penalty at any time if things don't improve.  The monthly cost difference for a Basic store is $6.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@katzrul15  Only you can decide what is right for your business.

Do not disagree, but do ypu honestly think things will truly improve on here in the next 6-9 months? 

Our sales are a Fraction of where they were in 2019/2020 (pre-pandemic).   Not just "down", but a fraction.

Most Sellers are on multiple sites to maximize exposure.

Personally, I think my loyalty has hurt my business.  I need to think outside the box and broader exposure.

Broader exposure is not happening on here.  It is disheartening. 

Posting ID Only.......
Message 10 of 36
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

@katzrul15 

Currently just in the Bay, but exploring additional options. No guts, no glory?

Thinking the same thing. 

It seems daunting to organize to tackle multiple venues.  But it is also daunting waiting for this site to "correct" itself.  Every day, money and opportunity are lost.

I have been patient and loyal.  It has cost me money.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Yeah, let's make this political and ruin the thread.

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote: ... Keep thinking things will improve, get better.

Will they?  Isn't this the new "norm"?...

If you're that uncertain, then probably you should hedge your bets by keeping the Basic store subscription, but switching to month-to-month so you can cancel without penalty at any time if things don't improve.  The monthly cost difference for a Basic store is $6.

Yes - I am thinking/considering month to month vs annual subscription.   

Think a store is important for exposure.  Trying to patiently await all the new store features, etc.

Just also trying to be a realist.  Whatever lies ahead, will be added work. 

Posting ID Only.......
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

@wrong66 wrote:

Yeah, let's make this political and ruin the thread.

Thank you.

There are SO many factors as to how we are where we are.  Don't care "how" any longer.

Want to find "interim" solutions to bridging whatever this fresh Hades "is". 

We're a bunch of smart, viable business people.  Surely, we can develop better strategies to survive this current debacle??

If not us, then who?? 

Posting ID Only.......
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

@katzrul15  I can only address my own situation: I think sales will likely improve over the next few months and into Q4. They usually do (at least for my kind of stuff). Economic conditions and consumer confidence are sort of the wild cards here, but I'm willing to place my bet that we aren't headed into a really serious downturn. (Of course, my view on that could change pretty quickly if circumstances change pretty quickly)

But...I think sales will likely improve generally....whether here or elsewhere. I only sell here (at present, that, too, could change)

So, if your question means do I think ebay will do the sorts of things I'd like to see over the next 3 to 9 months? 

I'm not optimistic.

I've seen very little indication that ebay has changed its basic game plan, which remains focused on its Vertical categories at the expense of other categories and the platform itself, and , as far as the non-Vertical categories, it seems ebay's main focus is" how can we extract more money from ads and fees" rather than how can we increase sales and the buyer base.

There are  things I'd like to see ebay do that I think would be far more helpful overall than stuff like The Vault. However, my expectations are very, very low. The present CEO doesn't seem to have a plan to really re-energize the site, or he's keeping his plan well hidden if he does. 

So, I'll stay here because I think my sales will improve. But, am I also looking at additional channels? Yes. 

Message 15 of 36
latest reply