cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop 'Bid Received' notifications

Hi All,

Currently, I receive a push notification via the eBay app each and every time one of my listed items receives a bid.  This can get a little annoying when I have 40 odd auction items listed....

I have had a look and I can't see an obvious way to switch this off in the eBay account preferences, in the Selling Activity section there isn't a 'bid received' option I can simply untick - does anybody know where I can find this?

I don't want to disable notifications via the app entirely, as if someone sends me a question for example I of course want to know about it, but I would like to stop getting a ping every time an item gets a bid.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Go to your Site Preferences

Then to Account Preferences

Now go to Communication Preferences

Wow, I didn't find it either.  Let me keep looking ......  Dang I can't find it anywhere either, I'm so sorry.  Let me tag this post and ask for a little help from someone that knows more than I do.

kyle@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

devon@ebay 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Go to your Site Preferences

Then to Account Preferences

Now go to Communication Preferences

Wow, I didn't find it either.  Let me keep looking ......  Dang I can't find it anywhere either, I'm so sorry.  Let me tag this post and ask for a little help from someone that knows more than I do.

kyle@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

devon@ebay 

Hey @mam98031! Since OP is using the eBay app if they go to settings, then go to notifications and they will scroll down till they see an option for "Selling notifications". After that they can uncheck the option that is "Auction notifications" which will stop notifying them each time a bid comes in. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you.  Odd there isn't that setting on the other version, but I appreciate the assist.  As always, you are terrific.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply