cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Shipping (eBay Standard Envelope for Trading Cards, Stamps, Postcards & Coins up to $20)

Although this appears to be a good way to ship cheaper ball cards (under $20.00) and I have shipped cards this way. In the past two months, I have had two buyers say they haven't received their cards. The tracking on these cards is so hit-and-miss. Sometimes the tracking will let me know that the envelope has been delivered. Other times, no tracking at all. On the two cards that the buyers say weren't  delivered, there was partial tracking, indicating the cards were shipped.  Since the tracking doesn't indicate the cards were delivered, I had to  refund the cost back to buyer.  This makes it real easy for dishonest buyers to get free cards. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Standard Shipping (eBay Standard Envelope for Trading Cards, Stamps, Postcards & Coins up to

You could choose a more expensive shipping method that has actual tracking. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Standard Shipping (eBay Standard Envelope for Trading Cards, Stamps, Postcards & Coins up to

Ebay standard shipping envelope might get tracking if dropped in a "metered mail" slot instead of a "stamped  mail" slot. Unfortunately, not all cities have two slots but only one. My city has separate slots.

And keep in mind...those envelopes should under 1 /4 inch thickness and bendable if you are using them.

If not, envelope can get damaged in certain cities sorting machines...or returned back to you or postage due to buyer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

In case you are not aware, there is insurance on this service.  There is information and a link to file a claim near the bottom of of the following page.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the information. Have you ever used this service, and if so, were you reimbursed?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
latest reply