cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot the difference.. help plz!

Ive learned so much from Seller’s on here, especially the longtimers,  I mean LONGTIMERS, so it was the obvious place to ask if I want the correct answer. Praying I get an easy response, please... I’m, literally, just trying to understand better. Personally, decided not to even list some beauty products I have for a bit, but still wanted to purchase (which I will only be doing from the awesome pages I saw from comments)... but today I was trying to give this authorized seller thing a try and send my grandma a COVID19 special gift box. I was under the impression, so I could totally be wrong and plz don’t hate if I am.. that Seller’s can’t list Lysol spray, disinfectants, anything dealing with covid 19.. could be Tylenol if they say headaches are a side effect.. and I know because I sold some alcohol and got in trouble. eBay will now have authorized sellers to list these types of items. I understand that.. I just don’t understand why there’s no results at all for some items, and the others might have one result (out of stock) from an authorized seller. I thought they were put there so we didn’t price gouge, or did I miss that email too? Isn’t this still price gouging, or am I just flat wrong? Where’s the Lysol disinfectant spray, or an authorized seller for that? I would rather pay a seller, and not care if it’s overpriced, because I didn’t get lucky enough to find it in the store like they did... but there’s not even stock on eBay now, and it’s still overpriced if there is! Please tell me what I’m not getting? I thought you couldn’t include shipping and could only charge 10% more to not be price gouging. Again, could be wrong. That’s why I’m asking y’all.9DED9D64-6284-473F-BC23-95EBDF6272DC.jpeg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have no clue what you are taking about. I see no price gouging in the example you showed. Where can you buy Lysol wipes for 3 cents each ?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I have no clue what you are taking about. I see no price gouging in the example you showed. Where can you buy Lysol wipes for 3 cents each ?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hi, these two examples are not price gouging, but the shipping cost is rolled into the product cost, and that makes up the difference. Shipping still must be charged. (There is no thing such as Free Shipping, of course.) The buyer still pays the shipping.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

just to clarify, are the two on the right side of the pic from a site other than ebay's?  if so, i understand what you're asking--and i think the shipping costs that are rolled into the ebay listings balances the difference between the products as far a gouging is concerned.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I know that the blues talk about rolling the shipping into the total price - sort of like ebay's 'streamlining' nowadays - but do the bots know about, and recognize, shipping being included to account for free shipping?  Especially when so many products come from the China for $2.00 and free shipping.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Sometimes when something is really bothering someone, it is best to just stop dwelling on it or rehashing the unfairness in a different format and just let it go.

I have friends in NY who were having trouble finding cleaning supplies and paper products. Those things seem to be easier to find here in TX. I purchased what I could and sent it to them. The cost of this came out of my pocket along with about $20 for shipping.  Not even one penny changed hands between us and I feel really good about being able to help a friend. 

No eBay, no gouging, no history, no future expectations. If my friend had ever been involved in price gouging or there was any chance they might be in the future, I wouldn't have done it. Cultivate trust, respect, and friendship in others and everything will be okay.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I figured I didn’t get it right. That’s why I asked. I still don’t get it, but I’ll support your answer that eBay isn’t charging shipping and only 10% over an items value at $21.69 vs competitors $9.97, or $14.26 vs buying 3 of competitors for $1.92. I was wandering how eBay could follow price gouging rules if you can’t include shipping. Doesn’t matter now anyways. They’re out if stock like everywhere else now, but it’s coming around slowly. I can circle the eBay price and competitors price if you’re still seeing them the same. I swear they show up as different prices on my screen. Like $10 over on one, and like $6 on the other. So shipping actually CAN be included and it not be price gouging. Got it! Thanks so much! 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was misinformed. I was told you can’t include shipping in price gouging. Honestly, stuff might’ve cost extra.. but it was still in stock if you had the cash. i don’t like that Seller’s can’t list Lysol disinfectant spray, when they don’t even have an authorized seller for that product. I think sellers work hard to find and get products, and it takes time. That’s what you’re paying for. I thought authorized Seller’s would fix all this and make eBay legit, or keep your running as the only site in stock.. but they did exactly what I predicted. Crash and burn, like every other website that’s out of stock. I guess money can’t buy anything now.. I for sure thought I would find that..**bleep**! Back to the store, and y’all know those mask are annoying, at the least. Not to mention, most of the mask we’re wearing are one time only. Meh.. I’ve always hated change if I’m being honest. Thanks again! 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I swear our heads are right there together! It made me want to make a basket of a bunch of Beaty products and give away a pack of hand sanitizer for free and charge nothing for the wipes... but it would be like punching a dude 3 times my size. Still not fair they won’t let all sellers do that. Sellers shop, find the deals, wake up early, constantly check emails, eBay, notifications, etc. Lemme let one of my saved sellers make a little bit. It’s probably eBay themselves anyways for the most part, or we could all become authorized sellers and there would be stockagainyoure so smart. I like your answer the best so far! 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I love that! I sent stuff to my mom.. she’s a diabetic amputee that’s over +55, so she’s highly susceptible. Life is moving on and it would be nice to have plenty of spray and wipes, even if I overpaid, when however many guys come and replace their kitchen floor... having to touch everything!!! I also sent my covid19 gift box to a couple other family members when I came across anything.. and I’ll keepchecking on here. I’ll send something to your friend in NY for free. I’m not like that. I feel horrible for anyone there right now, and I would want everything to come to me in the mail. I’ll even pay more than you did for shipping so nothing leaks and it stays on the ground. If you were in NY, would you pay.. let’s say $40 for three big disinfectant wipes? I would if I could. I’ll keep your friend in my thoughts, along with all the others in NY right now. Seriously, so bad  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I really hope you are able to let go of this at some point, you need to. Try substituting a sleep mask worn upside down for a face mask, much more comfortable, and at 70 cents or so each, disposable. Easily modified by slitting with a razor blade and inserting a piece of filter material.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Per an announcement published by eBay on 03/05/20, NEITHER OF THE ILLUSTRATED ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY ALLOWED TO BE LISTED FOR SALE ON EBAY AT ANY PRICE.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply