cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label.

I shipped several items, and needed to void and create 2 of them. Now when I go to ship, I get this error.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label.

Had the same problem today. I was trying to ship to an APO address and kept getting the "Something went wrong..." message on eBay when trying to print the label with no explanation.  Did it on PayPal side and it turns out, had to fill up a Customs Declaration Form which was not available on eBay.  Filled up the form on PayPal and printed the label.

Message 16 of 45
latest reply

I also have the same error: "Error: Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label" for his address:

First Name Lastname
Unit 000 Box 0000
DPO AE 00000-0000

Message 17 of 45
latest reply

I hate that.

Ruins the SCAN sheet.

Message 18 of 45
latest reply

Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label

Getting this when the address is edited

Everything is fine otherwise

Message 19 of 45
latest reply

Nov 11, 2020 and it still doesn't work. Ebay is outdated, archaic---but really has no competitor, so no changes...

Message 20 of 45
latest reply

It was down last night and it’s still down this morning, 11/11/2020. This is so frustrating and there are no comparable shipping options (price wise) that include tracking and insurance for international shipping. If I upgrade to Priority Mail I may as well just give the item away for free as I’m taking a loss at that point. So frustrating!

Message 21 of 45
latest reply

I've been having the same problem for the last 3 days. 

I've never printed postage from PP, do you get the same discount that you get from Ebay?

When I 'chatted' with Ebay about the problem, they said they had people getting a different message that they are working on and so they would open another request to look into this one.  It's ridiculous not being able to ship when you're supposed to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 22 of 45
latest reply

@jmjm0-4 wrote:

I've been having the same problem for the last 3 days. 

I've never printed postage from PP, do you get the same discount that you get from Ebay?

When I 'chatted' with Ebay about the problem, they said they had people getting a different message that they are working on and so they would open another request to look into this one.  It's ridiculous not being able to ship when you're supposed to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, well at least for anything I've ever purchased from them.  It is really easy to if you go into PP, find the payment that the buyer submitted and then click on the ship item button.  Create the label and it will auto upload the tracking number to Ebay.  

That is how I use to ship before Ebay had a shipping label program.  If you ever have something you need to ship that isn't related to a purchase you have received from a buyer on Ebay you can go to this like below and create a shipping label too.

www.paypal.com/shipnow

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 23 of 45
latest reply

I'm having this problem but they didn't pay through Paypal, so that's not an option.  😞

Message 24 of 45
latest reply

@kammee614 wrote:

I'm having this problem but they didn't pay through Paypal, so that's not an option.  😞

@kammee614 

Well the buyer may have, but since you are in MP, you aren't receiving the money into your PP account.  The other poster I was helping is not in MP.

So tell me more about what you are seeing.  A pic of the error would be helpful.  Are you trying to do a single label or are you trying to do bulk labels?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 25 of 45
latest reply

Hi guys,

I just got the same problem when I tried to create the shipping label.

It seems the issue is caused when you change any single information on the page even including the post date or item description.

When I only clicked the checkbox for the agreement, it worked well and the label was created.

Hope this helps you guys!

Message 26 of 45
latest reply

My screen goes white and is trying to load, but won't. So, I cannot print from my computer. I also cannot upload photos for listings - all just in the last two days!

Message 27 of 45
latest reply

SOLUTION & SOLVED:

Add correct Weight ONLY & Skip Dimensions (Leave as 1" x 1" x 1")

My one label that didn't print was actually 26" x 4" x 4";  left alone as 1"x1"x1" & OKAY to print label..... ( I figured it out by myself * NO Help from ebay technical dept.)

Message 28 of 45
latest reply

But if you have the wrong dimensions on there, won't it be cheaper and UPS won't ship?

Message 29 of 45
latest reply

I had this problem today. I was shipping to Ireland. Just got off the phone with Ebay and they couldn't get it to work. Suggested I take it to the counter and they would log a note to refund the difference from counter price. I had this set up for Ebay standard international delivery and that is what the buyer selected as well. I then tried switching to First class mail international which I now never use because not only does it cost a touch more, but I use a Zebra thermal printer and FCMI will not print correctly on that machine so I have to do it the old fashioned way... inkjet print/cut/tape. BUT WHATEVER - it worked and I was able to print using that service saving me stand in line time and more cost at the counter. Not sure if this will work for anyone else shipping overseas, but it just might. 

Message 30 of 45
latest reply