cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone paid direct with PayPal, why?

Hello,

I had an item sell for $5 and just checked my emails to discover that the buyer paid directly through PayPal and not eBay. Obviously on eBay it still says awaiting payment, should I ship it off or what? It's only $5 so if he is gonna try a chargeback scam then in the end I only loose $5. Any advice would be helpful. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Go into your paypal accunt.

Is the money in there with an OK to ship?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Go into your paypal accunt.

Is the money in there with an OK to ship?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Money is there, I'll just ship it off. Like I said it's only $5 so not to worried about it. Thank you

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You accept PayPal, so they paid via PayPal.  There is nothing wrong with choosing the direct route instead of having to use eBay's checkout system.

Just mark the item as paid, then ship it within your handling time.  Perhaps the buyer mistakenly thought he was saving you fees by doing it that way.  Who knows?

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

How did the buyer get your e mail address to pay?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

How did they get your Paypal email address?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@jrmaddox wrote:

Money is there, I'll just ship it off. Like I said it's only $5 so not to worried about it. Thank you

OP, money in there AND OK to ship.  Are you seeing BOTH?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

How did they get your Paypal email address? 

I've never tried buying something this way myself, but once you've won something on eBay and gotten the usual eBay "Pay Now" notifications in email and such, can you just log into your own PayPal account and find some kind of payment request (from eBay) waiting for you there? If you paid for it there, PayPal would be able to notify the seller in his PayPal account before the seller's eBay account got the same notfication. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply