cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some seller on Ebay stole my listing and all my photos. I have reported them to EBAY and took lots o

Does anyone had this blatant stealing happened to you and what did you do?

I had to end my listing because 2 seller stole my listings and all my photos and made it theirs. 😞 What can I do aside from reporting to EBAY. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Some seller on Ebay stole my listing and all my photos. I have reported them to EBAY and took lo

Yes it’s happened to me many times I reported them to eBay wait 24-48 hours if Ebay didn’t make them to take the listing out than I called eBay , plus iv contacted the sellers who did it and told them that I reported them , 

usually report to eBay not helps the situation and you must call them and make them manually take those listings out . I am so sorry for you !  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Some seller on Ebay stole my listing and all my photos. I have reported them to EBAY and took lo

Thanks for the reply Solysjewelry, I called Ebay and reported them and they advised me to give them some time to do something about it. I had to remove my listing because they are taking my sales, I followed the infringing seller and they are "family-store-online" and " esale*store" both are from UK seller account. I will give Ebay 48 hours to fix it. I have taken multiple screen shots of those sellers account with all of my photographs and listing stolen and in their selling account. So i have proof to file charges because it is patent/ trademark and photography are professionally purchased. I just want to avoid the time consuming process. It is discouraging to continue selling on Ebay 😞
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I was told by e bay as. My listings are able by anyone to copy my photos.  I had many stealing my photos for a long time. They use to let you report to VERO and they would take the listings down. But now your in for a real battle. Going to be like no way it will happen I think.  I still got other stealing and selling with my photos.  I do not let it bother me anymore. As I know even if they make sale. They will most likely get neg. Or will have to work extra hard for the buck to try and match my photos.  As for the whole listing.  If they are stealing the exact wording and the photos. Then e bay will remove I think.  Still got to jump hoops calling them lots of times.  I know they are you photos and this bothers you.  I am unsure if it really hurts your sales.  It really dose not hurt mine. As 3 or 4 others now are still using my photos.  But my sales are O.K.  I would most definitely not remove my listings because of it.  If others are making sales with your photos.  It is not going to stop.  So you are just giving them reasons to claim your photos even more.  By taking your listings down. I would relist how can e bay even compare your listings if they are removed. I hope you the best in getting the listings down off e bay with your photos. But it is not worth the time. Just my advise. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Unfortunately eBay this year has changed their policy from taking down listings with stolen content to actively encouraging others to pirate your material, even though it's clearly against the User Agreement (which says that you will only post content that you own) and it will most likely result in a bad buying experience as the item won't match the description.

If the other seller won't respond to a polite request to decist (always worth a try), you can file a VERO report (which is the workflow for dealing with Intellectual Property issues) but you'll be told that since February this year eBay has decided to take the view that you gave them a blanket licence to use the text and images that you submitted, and they're just fine with any other seller (or eBay themselves) helping themselves to your hard work so they can pass their items off as yours.  So they will take no action other than send you back an email stating this position.

If the other seller takes content from a different website then eBay legally has to remove the listing if you file a report, but if the content is taken from their site then they don't care.

Sorry but that's the situation and it's just the way that eBay does business with its sellers these days.  You could drop an email to Harry Tempkin explaining that there's no point in your investing in expensive equipment and the experience and training needed to take great photos if eBay will just let anyone steal them with no repercussions.  But I don't think that they will want to spend your fees on helping you with that problem. 
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You are so right.  They do not care about others using you hard work in the taking of the photos.  I sell a lot of Fatwood and my competition has a ball with my photos. They love my big box listing and have a field day with my smaller listings photos.  It really bothers me but.  I try to look at it like you say.  No use on beating a dead goat that e bay is going to do nothing about.  My only real competition is a couple guys making the kits anyway.  And they bought their wood from me. So I can do nothing about them for sure. Just thank them. The wood in the kits are sure looking up in the last year.  I had a 1 lb. Fatwood Block listing that photos were stolen off of from 4 different Countries and put on many other sites. That's when I gave up on it.  I just have to think of it like.  Hope the buyer checks who they are dealing with before t hey buy. Because I know they not going to match the photo.  I hope this seller will try and just let the photo deal go. Like I had to. I do wish you all the best in selling. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sadly eBay has double standards.  If you get even close to using their text, images, logos, trademarks etc then they'll be all over you in an instant.  Their attorneys will have the Cease and Desist letter in the mail the same day.

But when it comes to your investment in your brand and content then a different standard applies.  It's just a free-for-all.  Take whatever you like.  They'd prefer that you resort to using grainy, watermarked images that aren't worth stealing than provide a great buyer experience.

My view is that part of what I pay eBay their fees for is to manage the marketplace and to police the User Agreement.  If they do that then I'm willing to invest in taking great photos that will drive click-throughs when they upload the listings to Google and other ad channels.  That brings buyers and revenues to their site.

eBay's view seems to be that funding their executives' bonus packages is a higher priority than making it worthwhile for us to create great listings.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply