cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold an item after the buyer received an offer from me I did not send

I sold an item last night. The buyer thanked me for sending an offer (20% discount).  I did not send an offer to anyone and have not for at least 6 weeks.

What is going on...?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I sent an offer to someone the other day and noticed that eBay had selected "automatically send offers"

I had to deselect that option before I sent the offer.  

Is this an item that you recently sent an offer on? Is it possible that you were opted into that automatic send offers feature?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I did not send an offer to anyone 

@imagesgallery 

Did you perhaps ACCEPT an offer from someone?  It shows you have 255 listings presently for which you do accept offers. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@golfingaddict 

Yes, eBay sneaks that into your pricing preferences along with other features that you probably might not like as well.  @imagesgallery Check your pricing features when you choose your price for your item.  If they have a blue dot to the right that means eBay chose them for you.  Slide them to the left and turn them off.  Watch them too.

Happy Selling. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

How do I get to my pricing features?  I can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@mixedbagmosaic 

Here's a screen shot.  When you list your item it will look like this:

screenshot2.jpg

See how all those little blue dots are enabled? Go to See all options at the top right hand side of the page.  Slide them to the left to disable them.  Keep an eye them as well.  eBay can be sneaky at times.  What you're experiencing also happened to me, that's why I posted a screen shot concerning the same thing not too long ago.  Hope this helps. 

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I did send an offer to a buyer about seven weeks ago.  That is probably what happened.  
It also shows it was listed as “free shipping”.  I never offer free shipping on art due to the high cost to pack.  I either screwed up or something happened here as well.

i appreciate your taking the time to let me know about the auto send button.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

So I can't change the automated send an offer unless I am making a new listing?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@imagesgallery wrote:

I did send an offer to a buyer about seven weeks ago.  That is probably what happened.  
It also shows it was listed as “free shipping”.  I never offer free shipping on art due to the high cost to pack.  I either screwed up or something happened here as well.

@imagesgallery 

You are very welcome.

If you use the seller hub you can check to see if you have automatic offers selected on that item.  

Go to active items, find the item that you sent the offer and then use the drop down (it has edit with a down arrow) on the item to find review offers sent.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@imagesgallery wrote:

Responding to the bold sentence only........

Depending on which method you sent the offer, one of them "suggests" free shipping (pre-checked)...If you miss that, well....you give them free shipping as well as the offer......

Message 10 of 10
latest reply