cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Item Sold Again 10 Days Later - No active listing ......

I had read a week or so ago, but can't find the post - about a sold item being relisted without any action on the part of the seller. 

Well,  I had an item that sold 10 days ago (quantity of 1) that just sold again this morning - even though there was no listing for that item in my active listings as of last night.   So just how did someone buy an item that had been sold, and was not in my active listings??

BTW I don't list multiple quantity items, and only use sell similar to relist unsold items - no GTC or relist.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry this happened to you @grandmakskrafts, but yes, it sometimes does.  Reasons given for the problem vary -- from eBay site glitches to seller error.  I don't believe anyone has come up with a definitive reason.  But one thing is for sure, it stinks when it happens as given the kind of things you sell, it's not like you have a duplicate of the same item you can send out so you're forced to cncel the transaction for being out of stock which earns you a defect on your account.   😞

Only advice I can give is to check your listings for duplicates -- especially after you may relist via "Sell Similar."  This tool which you may want to bookmark makes it very easy to check for and identify any duplicates:  http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

However, having said that, this checker won't find duplicates if you change the title of an item from the original when you relist.   But, if you don't do that as a rule, the tool is very effective in helping you spot any duplicate listings that may have crept in.   Having been the victim of the same thing you just experienced, I now run the duplicate checker tool every time I list/relist a bunch of items just to make sure and have no other issues.   It's worked a treat.    Hope this may help you...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I can see the item you sold this morning in your sold items page but looking back 90 days in your sold listings page does not show this same item being sold again? 

My plan was to review both sold listings to see if they have the same item number and review any revisions as a way to find a reason within these areas?

You can probably do this from your sold pages if it was within the last 90 days. 

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your item was listed with multiple quantity. It remained active after the first item was purchased and it ended when the second item sold.

I see zero revisions to the listing so the quantity was set at the time you listed it, probabaly user error.

listing.jpg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 5 of 5
latest reply