cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So seriously? What is the point?

Seriously all. Why is everyone hanging around just spinning their tires? Complaining about this and that. All ,of which IS true. Do any of you think things will change for the better?  reality check?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

What is that I hear in the background?

It's Cher's  "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves"

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@grasshopperx wrote:

Seriously all. Why is everyone hanging around just spinning their tires? Complaining about this and that. All ,of which IS true. Do any of you think things will change for the better?  reality check?

Granted that it has been a rough past 30 days for me and I suppose for a plethora of others. The biggest "spinning of the tires" for me was the photo fiasco and the Markdown Manager debacle. Spent ~100 hours of "fixing" between the two ordeals rather than working on moving forward as I have been the past 2 weeks. I am just hoping the ship stays out of rough seas in the near term and then I can continue to get some work accomplished.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@grasshopperx wrote:

If your primary marketplace is eBay, what else are you supposed to do?

The best sellers can do is give their own feedback, as eBay's success is also derived from sellers success. More sellers = more products = more competitive prices = more stock availability = higher sales = more FVF. The only thing eBay has to add to the equation is visibility.

Sellers would expect that eBay would listen, if eBay really wanted to grow.

If the only option is to diversify, eBay is not doing their job properly! 

Sadly, how many serious companies are able to make it on eBay nowdays without diversifying? The percentage is much much lower this year, than it was a year ago.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

No progress?!?! I just sold my first $150 handmade ring.

But seriously we have internet, who needs eBay and Amazon why don't companies have their own sites? It's just 0s and 1s that 1000s of companies are willing to create for them... why the monopolies on middle man websites like this at all?!?!?!

Conformity, the old norm.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@ag47silver-us wrote:
But seriously we have internet, who needs eBay and Amazon why don't companies have their own sites? It's just 0s and 1s that 1000s of companies are willing to create for them... why the monopolies on middle man websites like this at all?!?!?!

eCrater and Bonanza have tiny fees compared to eBay, and I have 100 items there at 10% cheaper than I list them on eBay. Yet I only get 1 sale on those sites for every 100 that I get on eBay.

Having a website is only half of the equation - getting buyers to visit is another thing entirely.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for everyones posts and thoughts!  Dont we all want this? We all would like a fair shake at being seen? right fairness? After that. Dont we all just want Ebay to let  sellers manage our own sales and business? Dont we know better how to handle our sales and returns? When did this company become so controlling. It'd be ok if ebay was controlling and could do it right, But they CANT!

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@grasshopperx wrote:

When did this company become so controlling.

It has always made changes each year since the beginning. I believe in 2008 is when they started every six months of changes. So my guess they have taken more control over 10 years now. Ebay takes a back seat and a real hard look at problems. They check problems with cash flow, problems with sellers, problems with buyers. They also make a comparison to other internet sites and try to improve themselves by keeping buyers here and keeping stockholders happy.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@calntom wrote:

@grasshopperx wrote:

Granted that it has been a rough past 30 days for me and I suppose for a plethora of others. The biggest "spinning of the tires" for me was the photo fiasco and the Markdown Manager debacle. Spent ~100 hours of "fixing" between the two ordeals rather than working on moving forward as I have been the past 2 weeks. I am just hoping the ship stays out of rough seas in the near term and then I can continue to get some work accomplished.

And just when I was going to call and have them come pick up the oxygen tanks........

Message 23 of 23
latest reply