cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So it begins...returns

I had an order today for 2 size 20W swimsuits, $69.98 total and almost $8.00 shipping. 

I just got an email from them saying I ordered 2 size 16W swimsuits today, and my confirmation shows size 20W. Questioning what size I sent. I said please look at the order, you ordered 2 size 20W.  $8.00 shipping and ebay wants me to pay returns for this kind of nonsense, no thanks.   

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So it begins...returns

Given that women's clothing manufacturer's assign sizes randomly, why not tell your customers to try on the suits for comfort before looking at the tags?

Especially in larger sizes, if you put the actual measurements into your listing, the number on the size label is irrelevant to the customer's body.

I'm trying to think of a way to remind the customer that she should wear underpants when trying on the suit, because, eww.

Most women do this in a shop, but might overlook it at home.

If you just got the order today perhaps you should send the measurements and ask if she wants to cancel ? Before shipping. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

So it begins...returns

Given that women's clothing manufacturer's assign sizes randomly, why not tell your customers to try on the suits for comfort before looking at the tags?

Especially in larger sizes, if you put the actual measurements into your listing, the number on the size label is irrelevant to the customer's body.

I'm trying to think of a way to remind the customer that she should wear underpants when trying on the suit, because, eww.

If you just got the order today perhaps you should send the measurements and ask if she wants to cancel ? Before shipping. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

If you try on the swimsuits, please kindly keep your undergarments on, just in case they don't fit. Thanks so much for your understanding!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

I'm just so upset by this, I just shipped a few hours ago and already know I will be refunding $69.98.
Plus, I lose $8.00 shipping right off the bat. I need to do away with free shipping.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Yes e.mail her  politely thanking her for choosing your item...put your best foot forward in your e.mail...kindness goes a long way, since it's already in play and sent I agree with femmefan1946 swimsuits run strange...she just might like how the 20W fits with underwear of course and if new have her keep the tags on when trying on.  It's worth the try to avoid a return...she might see that she ordered the wrong size and have a go at trying them on, it might work out o.k in the long run.  It's certainly worth it at this point to be polite...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

I'm suddenly getting a lot more remorse requests too.  One lady wanted to return a shirt because, "the sleeves were too long", then the next lady said that I misrepresented the size, even though I took a picture of the size on the tag, and she can return for a refund.  Funny, 5 days later and I haven't heard another word.  It's that time of the year.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

It is always worth (politely) calling the customer on these demands.

Even if you sent the Return Shipping Label, the effort of wrapping the parcel and getting it to the Post Office may be too much.

Plus, I lose $8.00 shipping right off the bat. I need to do away with free shipping.

Free Shipping is NOT free.

The whole idea is that the seller includes her cost of postage and packaging in the asking price for the item.

Which is cheaper :

A $30 garment with $8 shipping OR

A $38 garment with Free Shipping?

The minor bonus is that the customer is not shocked by the 'ripoff' of having to pay for delivery.

The customer intellectually knows that the shipping cost is in there somewhere but the bargain loving cockles of her heart are still warmed.

Again, if the customer does not use the Return Shipping Label, you are not charged for it.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

"

Which is cheaper :

The minor bonus is that the customer is not shocked by the 'ripoff' of having to pay for delivery.

The customer intellectually knows that the shipping cost is in there somewhere but the bargain loving cockles of her heart are still warmed."

I always laugh when I get feedback about how happy they were with FREE shipping, especially when it's a multiple item order.

Oh honey, you paid for that shipping.... you paid double for it.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

I do free shipping too. My point, was that these people get a little nutso about nitpicking and opening returns this time of year.  Also, I know when, and how to tactfully call them out when they try to blame me for something like not fitting.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

@femmefan1946 wrote:

It is always worth (politely) calling the customer on these demands.

Even if you sent the Return Shipping Label, the effort of wrapping the parcel and getting it to the Post Office may be too much.

Free Shipping is NOT free.

The whole idea is that the seller includes her cost of postage and packaging in the asking price for the item.

Which is cheaper :

The customer intellectually knows that the shipping cost is in there somewhere but the bargain loving cockles of her heart are still warmed.

Again, if the customer does not use the Return Shipping Label, you are not charged for it.

@femmefan1946

You have a way with words!  bargain loving cockles of her heart...love that!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

So it begins...returns

I just looked at the actual listing and it is a multi color and size variation listing.   You should not have any problem calling ebay and pointing out the buyer had to make a choice before buying it and it clearly shows they purchased a size 20.  Since you just shipped it the buyer also has not gotten the package yet so it is clearly a remorse purchase that the buyer noticed after they got you item has been shipped notice.

Call eBay and make your case ASAP and you should not have an issues with them siding on your side and making the buyer pay return shipping.

Also report the buyers user name for misuse of the ebay MBG for return issues.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply