cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I sold $1500 in the last week of April and the first week of May I sold $350.....

Is it just me?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

So I sold $1500 in the last week of April and the first week of May I sold $350.....

No. I think that EBAY is probably doing some serious programming and for whatever reason you are not getting the exposure that you were before due to this programming. I think it will pass eventually. However, good sellers will eventually do something else unless EBAY pays attention to the problem.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I sold for 41  years.  One thing I learned early on is that  sales activity is very seldom on  straight  line or an northeast curve from one period to the next but more like a yo-yo with ups & downs.   In uncertain economic times down periods can be more frequent.  Just keep plugging on and keep looking for newer things to sell.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@coreystradingcards wrote:

Is it just me?

No, it isn't "just" you ... but it also is not universal, nor a problem with eBay.   Sales are a random process, and your sales will have wide variation from week to week, and will not be the same as others over the same period.

For example, our sales are just the opposite of yours ... our sales the first week of May are around 2X (twice) what they were the last week of April.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I believe I read 3,500,00 Americans were laid off from their jobs just last week.    I wonder how many of them in addition to the Millions of others that have been laid off have slowed down their online shopping?

The first wave of stimulus  money has been sent and the checks for the rest are slow in coming.   Many variables in our shaky economy.   

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I agree with this 100%    The one thing any seller can count on is that you can't count on nothing.   Just about the time you have it all figured out and planned.......

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Totally normal. It could be a one time sale of an expensive item, or multiples of a cheap item not found anywhere else.  Or just because all of a sudden you popped up for whatever reason. Or just because you edited a few titles and your search became more up to date. Same for me, sales are like ebb and flood, rain and drought. And usually have nothing to do with anything. One thing is for sure is constant change what today goes, will not sell tomorrow and visa versa.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@coreystradingcards wrote:

Is it just me?

I wouldn't worry too much...one day I sell 3 items on eBay, then nothing for 2-3 days. But diversifying is a good thing.  I took 5 packages to the P Office today - only one was from eBay. I am also noticing more low-ball offers (forgot to set the min. offer price I would consider on a few listings). By low-ball I mean, around 50% of the listing price. At first I responded to those, but not anymore. 

Good luck

PW🐿

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

So your average  sales for those two weeks was $925.00 per week .  Keep up that pace then you can  receive $48,100 for a year.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

The major majority (like 83) of your items 98 listings  listed are in the $5.99 to 9.99.   wouldn't expect your sales to increase over the $350/week.  You need a lot more higher priced listing.

When we where actively selling on eBay (say 100 items always  listed) we averaged $800 to $1K/month.   We could expect about 20 -25%  of our active listings would sell  in a months time - my average  sales per in the$25/$35. range/item - not counting shipping charges (shipped  everything via Priority Mail - most items weighed over a pound).

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

More stores are opening up too.  May be less traffic online.  I myself can't get any thing to sell because the stores I buy from are all closed since end of march with no end in sight here in California.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

You should be focusing on your 60 day moving averages of number of sales and realized dollar amounts.  If you look at weekly numbers you are doomed to come up with your own irrational explanations that will eventually land upon some invisible Ebay god.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

So?

That means nothing.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Have you sold all your higher priced items or are you talking about a different ID?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Oh Boo Hoo!

Sounds like someone bragging!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply