cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I flag a suspicious buyer to ebay?

I just had a buyer who wanted me to ship the purchased item to an address different from the confirmed eBay and PayPal addresses (which were identical). I refused, and we went back and forth in eBay by Messages, but in the end I refused to send, canceled the sale and refunded the money. But, do I now tell eBay that this buyer is suspicious? I'm wondering whether or not she's abusing the account and will eventually get money from someone else. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

. If the man paid the product, why should you question if his address is fake or not? 

As a buyer, you can change the 'ship to' address BEFORE paying for the product.  Asking a seller to ship someplace else AFTER payment has been made is not appropriate. 

A seller has to ship to the address provided with the payment to avoid the typical problems associated with editing an address after payment has been made. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

"Also, you don't need to worry about the paypal address, you just ship to the address that is provided by the buyer when they pay. "

If you are still accepting payments through Paypal, yes, you definitely need to make sure the PP address matches the one on the eBay shipping page. If they are different, and you use the eBay one, sure you are protected by eBay, but not for Paypal INR cases.

I guess it will be a moot point when everyone is forced into MP or quits because of it.

YMMV.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply