cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I appeal?

A buyer ordered items from me. Over $750 with Signature Confirmation. It was headed to one of those fowarders in Doral, Florida. The package however got stuck at the Miami distribution center since February 9th after being shipped on the 3rd and never moved. It just kept saying your package will arrive late but it will get there. 

The buyer opened a INR case two weeks ago and I asked him to wait a few days. He waited until just before the thirty days were up and then escalated the case. eBay stepped in and closed it in his favor refunding the money. I have done a parcel intercept and even though the USPS accepted it and said they will return it, I am not holding my breath. I did not insure the package. 

I kind of blame myself because I know this area is a black hole, even though most orders get through successfully in the end. This is the first time it did not after a delay. I should have used UPS and I am going to do that for any future orders to the Miami/Doral area. 

My question is should I appeal the defect since it was a USPS delay issue or should my choice of using the USPS even though I knew there was a chance of a long delay justify the defect?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Should I appeal?

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 31 of 31
latest reply