cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop airlines

Received this message on item purchased. Saw some messages on this site with issues to this address so i cancelled the order. Just wondering if others have had issues lately.

IMG_7987.jpeg

IMG_7988.jpeg

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Shop airlines

@ch2169 wrote:

Received this message on item purchased. Saw some messages on this site with issues to this address so i cancelled the order. Just wondering if others have had issues lately. 

Hi @ch2169 what's xenophobia?

Message 2 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

Send several items, No trouble.

James

Message 3 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

Why would you cancel?  That's a normal request from them.  It's not a problem at all. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

So are they a reshipper? A lot of posts on here that tracking shows delivered and they are claiming they did not receive. Also posts that items were damaged or all parts not mailed to claim refunds. Also, they never returned items. One post says that they are affiliated with ebay and another says they aren’t. How did you send  - USPS, UPS or FedEx? Did you require a signature?

also, thank you for responding.

Message 5 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

You just shot yourself in the foot.

I have dealt with them for YEARS. They are one of the best reshippers around. They accept orders from Japanese residents, buy the items from us, have it sent to a bundling facility in California. They then bundle everything into a single shipment and send it off to Japan.The shipping cost for a single large crate is infinitesimal compared to the total of the individual shipping of each package. By doing this they are able to attract Japanese customers who would not ordinarily buy from you.

The request for the item number is so that, once they get the product, they know who it is going to. Send it by whatever method gives you the best price just as you would to a typical California resident..

This is a first class operation. And don't give me that "I don't sell internationally" 'cause you aren't. You are selling to a California address. Once the package get to CA you are done with it. I have ****NEVER**** had a problem, item not received, or return request.

So bandage your foot and don't shoot yourself again.

NO FEAR !!!!!!!

Message 6 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

And just to clarify. They are unlike most reshippers where a buyer in some other country buys it and has it shipped to the reshipper who acts as nothing more than a middleman on behalf in innumerable buyers. As a middleman their actions are at essentially arms length.

In this case Shop America ***IS*** the buyer. Once it gets to them the order is done. They have a vested interest in seeing to it that it goes well.

Message 7 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

You already canceled. Nothing you can do now.

You should have shipped how you normally do.

I know I would be uncomfortable about putting the item number on the package. 

It is not required that you do so.

Everyone can look it up and see what was purchased in the package.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

What was the big deal?  All you had to do was put the number on it, like they'd asked.  Takes 2 seconds.  

I personally never use sig conf for reshippers, though I might consider it if the item was of particularly high value.  I just use USPS like I do for everything else.  I don't do anything differently than I do for any other sale.  

I've had exactly 1 probelm with a reshipper tx ever, over 26 years & it had nothing to do with the reshipper.  It was the buyer. 

Now, if I were selling brand new I-phones, I might do things differently, but mine have all been run of the mill, normal $$ tx's.  Also, may I add that Japanese buyers in general are absolutely the BEST buyers.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

@janet9988 wrote:

Well, first no one can look up the number if they don't know what the number is. How would anyone know it was an eBay number. And why would they care.

Actually, if you DO NOT put the number on the package then Shop America doesn't know where it is going and sets the stage for a problem. It is a simple request.

You know the old joke "who you gonna believe "me or your lying eyes"? Well in this case "who you gonna believe, me who has dealt with them for  years, or this poster who clearly does not have any experience with this buyer and is simply feeding you their own paranoia giving you bad advice"?

Message 10 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

@richard1rst wrote:

@janet9988 wrote:

Well, first no one can look up the number if they don't know what the number is. How would anyone know it was an eBay number. And why would they care.

Actually, if you DO NOT put the number on the package then Shop America doesn't know where it is going and sets the stage for a problem. It is a simple request.

You know the old joke "who you gonna believe "me or your lying eyes"? Well in this case "who you gonna believe, me who has dealt with them for  years, or this poster who clearly does not have any experience with this buyer and is simply feeding you their own paranoia giving you bad advice"?

I am simply stating that the seller should have just done what is required of them.

A seller does not have to do anything outside of the ebay requirements.

The buyer will already be receiving the tracking information to find the package.

The seller  did NOT need to cancel.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 11 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

Shop Airlines is a huge operation, they are experts at what they do, it was a mistake to cancel the sale!

They buy on behalf of hundreds of thousands of (mostly) Asian buyers but unlike most forwarders you NEVER have to deal with the ultimate buyer.

Message 12 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

Good old Largedistant! I've sold so much stuff to them. Same with Shop Airlines.

Don't worry - they ask for the listing number on the package so they can track it more easily through their system. Basically, they dot all their T's and cross all of their i's (to coin a phrase).

Next time, just go ahead and ship - or you could tell them that you canceled in error and are happy to go through with the sale if they want to rebuy.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

@ch2169 wrote:

So are they a reshipper? A lot of posts on here that tracking shows delivered and they are claiming they did not receive. Also posts that items were damaged or all parts not mailed to claim refunds. Also, they never returned items. One post says that they are affiliated with ebay and another says they aren’t. How did you send  - USPS, UPS or FedEx? Did you require a signature?

also, thank you for responding.

In this case it's not a freight forwarder but no matter. If tracking shows as "delivered," a claim for non-receipt will go in your favor!

BTW, what was the reason you chose for the cancellation? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 63
latest reply

Shop airlines

I've sold many items to them for years too, only one problem with a dish that was broken and they accepted a partial refund, they always leave good feedback too, very nice people to deal with.

Message 15 of 63
latest reply