cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoes Authenticated Returned Due To Late Delivery - Returned To Me Damaged By eBay

Wanted to post this here as I know there will be no resolution through eBay, so here's the story. 

Sold some nice white shoes, like new. The package was lost by Fed Ex for weeks, buyer was refunded. Shoes eventually picked up a scan and were delivered to eBay authentication. They were returned to me. The box the shoes came in was huge, around 17"x12"x7" with no void fill. New shoes just rolling around in a box. Not only this, but the left shoe has a huge mark down the side which appears to be INK of some kind and will not come out. In addition, scuffs all over the shoes likely due to rolling around the box. Pathetic and such disregard for sellers. 

$150 pair of shoes now worth maybe $70. 

I'm so sick of this company. Terrible in every way. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shoes Authenticated Returned Due To Late Delivery - Returned To Me Damaged By eBay

Maybe it was FedEx that damaged the shoes when they were lost.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It is likely that Ebay's authenticator would reuse the packaging it came in to return to you, if the packaging and the shoes were not damaged.

If it was FEDEX ground they are the most likely culprit for damage.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No, that's not the case. The box that was returned to me is a fresh, clean U-Line box with only one layer of tape and one label. This was not the box in which it was delivered. The shoes were shipped wrapped in bubble wrap. They were returned without the bubble wrap. They were removed from the original box, stripped of the packing material, returned in a new box. This was not a return to sender. 

If the shoes had arrived outside of the original shipping box, which I find highly unlikely due to the extra lengths I go to in order to ensure safe delivery, eBay should have informed me of such. Though, I highly doubt this would be the case as I do not include a packing slip. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply