cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping with fedex is a disaster

First they stoped picking up my packages when I schedule pickups.

There is absolute NO care used when packages are handled by FedEx. This week alone, three of my packages arrived at their destination the outer boxes ripped completely apart. There is no amount of padding, could have saved it. It's as if they toss them of the track.

The employees are overwhelmed/frustrated with increased shipping volume they and don't care about handling packages with care, the company executive, with their millions in stock options is INCOMPETENT and lost control or don't care about the company.

Fedex supposed to be a cheaper shipping option compared to USPS, but the end result is opposite is true when the is damaged, loss of merchandise and business.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Seriously??

Duct tape and a used box??? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I stopped using the brown trucks for the same reason. Unless it's over 50 lbs, I use the post office. Duct tape isn't good for much. Though it's more expensive, threaded tape is the way to go.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@dosprompt wrote:

Seriously??

That was EXACTLY what I was about to write ...  including the "seriously?".

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@dosprompt wrote:

Seriously??

That was EXACTLY what I was about to write ...  including the "seriously?".

ikr

Duct tape won't stick to paper or cardboard, it holds for a bit then lets go.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately I can not quote the exact source but when I first started using FedEx one of their packaging rules was NO DUCT TAPE. So the fault seems to be that FedEx even accepted the package in the first place.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yeah, the duct tape melts in high temps and oozes off the box.  But to be fair, I've received boxes from Fed-Ex that have been professionally packed that look almost that bad. One looked like someone had put a forklift blade through it!

Then they just left a $1800 laptop on my front stoop without even ringing the doorbell. I get that they can't do the signature but RING THE DANGED DOORBELL or bang on the door.  If my DH hadn't stepped out for something it would have been there for hours with "Dell" written all over it.

So I'm not too happy about this.  UPS rings the doorbell and so does the USPS.  It only takes a second.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Howdy!

Well, as others have pointed out, re-using boxes for your items is not the best idea, cardboard loses it's stiffness after a round through the mail.  Packing tape is always better than duct tape.  But I am sorry you have these troubles, all the same!

I have been quite pleased with FedEx myself, their ground or Home delivery is much quicker and cheaper than USPS, a real life-saver once the DIM rates kicked in from the USPS!

-Dippity

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

After seeing where and how FedEx delivers our neighbors' packages--directly on the street, and a busy one at that, where anyone driving by could help themselves to the package--I would never in a million years trust them to deliver our packages to buyers.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I've used FedEx for 15 years for heavier/larger packages and (knock on wood) have never had a package damages, loss, etc.

You have to be careful not to use 'compromised' boxes that become weak, flimsy at the corners (one of the first areas to go) and soft.  Also, be selective about tape.  Most producers make 3 types from thin and flimsy to substantial and extra sticky.  I also spend the extra 50 cents for a package of the best tape.

Good luck with future shipments.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

Unfortunately I can not quote the exact source but when I first started using FedEx one of their packaging rules was NO DUCT TAPE. So the fault seems to be that FedEx even accepted the package in the first place.

They'll accept it with duct tape, but they may also charge a $13 packaging surcharge if you use duct tape since it violates their packaging rules (it is considered "cloth banding").

Message 11 of 11
latest reply