cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping fees

I've been a small time seller on ebay for about 20 years, mostly golf clubs. The shipping  fees for any shipping service  have got out of hand and I'm not making any profit and this not including the income tax reporting. Anyone else calling it quits?  I've been using USPS but now they are just as high.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Shipping fees

There is always someone quitting but there is always someone becoming a new seller.

Sellers of golf clubs, fishing rods, curtain rods and baseball bats have all taken a hit because of the USPS surcharge of $15 on packages over 30" long.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Instead of free shipping make the buyer pay shipping. That what I do.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The USPS just recently added a $15 surcharge for packages over 30"

• Packages that exceed 22 inches but are not greater than 30 inches in length: Add $4.00 per package
  • Packages that exceed 30 inches in length: Add $15.00 per package
  • Packages that exceed 2 cubic feet (3,456 cubic inches): Add $15.00 per package
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yep, I called it quits on fishing rods, USPS added the $15 surcharge. I did check in on UPS rates and their not bad for under 48" but they charge to pick up and you have to buy your own boxes. Over 48" and UPS rates jump over $20 per package.

I haven't pulled the trigger on UPS yet, I can't run 25 miles daily to drop packages off, still deciding on whether to do one or two trips per week. But for now I'm backing off and doing small stuff and rearranging the office

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Skateboards too 😞 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The last golf club I sold recently was under 2 pounds. Measurements were 38 inches long by 6 by 5 inches. Using ebay shipping label, as I usually do, the price with USPS was over $26.00 with the new increase. I looked at other shipping services and UPS showed $10.60 so I printed a UPS  label. A few days later I get a notice from ebay saying that they are subtracting $26.00 from my account for the label! I gave  ebay a call and they said that their system is for estimates only for USP and FedEx labels. "Any appeals have to go to USP directly".

Message 7 of 7
latest reply