cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Question

Hi,

I am a new eBay seller. I don't have a store, but I had about  93 items listed. I sell mainly housewares and some antiques. On Sunday, I had 26 offers for different items, which is great, but I am not sure how to handle this shipping thing. The person has not paid, but intends on paying today.  The total weight of this order is 65 lbs.  I offer the combine payment and shipping on my page. It is NOT free shipping. I offer Priority or Parcel Select.  I am confused, I went into look at the print shipping label feature to see where this is going. I didn't print it, but it is only giving me one label for the whole 65lbs. I know I can't get 65lbs into one box. Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shipping Question

You can ship the order in multiple boxes.  After you print the label for the first package, the next screen will have a link that says something like  "Print another label for this order." That link brings up a fresh label-prep screen where you can adjust weight etc. and print another  label. You can do this for up to 5 boxes per transaction.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

26 offers for different items is terrific!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

When you print the different labels, be sure to change the weight of the different packages. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Congrats on the sales.  Gonna take some time to pack all of those fragiles up.  I see about 4 boxes in your future.

Parcel Select doesn't come with insurance.  Priority does - up to $50 per box automatically.  You won't see much of a price difference between the two in many circumstances.  However, keep in mind dimensional weight charges though.  The size of the box and the location of the buyer could cause a huge difference.

Did they pay yet?  Are they waiting for an invoice?  If they need an invoice, you will likely need to get the figures together.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:
 ... Parcel Select doesn't come with insurance.  Priority does - up to $50 per box automatically.  You won't see much of a price difference between the two in many circumstances.  However, keep in mind dimensional weight charges though. ....  

The dreaded "dimensional weight" for Priority Mail applies when the package is over 1 cubic foot (1728 cubic inches) AND going to Zones 5 - 9.  

I see that the seller's listings offer both Priority and Parcel Select.  The listing shows the retail price for Priority Mail, so it looks more expensive than Parcel Select (which is an online rate) even though the online rate for Priority Mail is the same as Parcel Select for packages that aren't affected by the dimensional weight.

So the first thing to do is to check which Zone the buyer lives in.  If it's Zone 1 - 4 or if the packages are not over 1 cubic foot, then Priority will cost the same as Parcel Select.  if the buyer chose Priority Mail shipping and lives in Zones 5 - 9, then it's probably worthwhile to make an effort to keep the boxes under 1 cubic foot even if it means shipping several more boxes.

To check on the buyer's USPS Zone, plug in the first 3 digits of their ZIP Code here:

https://postcalc.usps.com/DomesticZoneChart

If you need to purchase more than 5 labels, you can do it here and still pay the online rates:

www.paypal.com/shipnow

Message 6 of 6
latest reply