cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship from address for sellers

Hello
I searched a lot on the Internet but did not find any information that would help me in this regard
This account is registered with my Jordanian information and address, and I have a friend in the United States, so I will tell him the products he should buy to put them in my account and ship them from his home directly to the buyers.
I found the “Shipping from address” tab in my account settings, where I can add another “shipping from” address.
If I put my friend's address in the United States in the list of shipping addresses from, will eBay allow me to ship products from there?
I contacted support via chat and they told me that I could proceed without fear of a dropshipping violation, but I decided to post my question here to verify and be reassured.
Note: The inventory will be in our possession and we have full control over itshipfrom.png

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ship from address for sellers

@lelehob wrote:

Yes exactly, that's what I plan to do, but I'm still worried about my address as a seller, especially since it's outside the United States.
Thank you for the helpful reply 🙂

If it's your account, you register where you live. You are allowed to have a different ship from and return to address. You do not want to register your account in the US because you don't have worth authorization or a tax ID to be able to sell stuff in the US. Register your account in Jordan, and your item's location and ship from address is your friend's location where items will ship from. Your friend needs to be shipping everything from their town to avoid a drop shipping problem.

C.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 18 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@lelehob 

Customers MUST know where their items are coming from.  You must ship from your primary address if you are not drop shipping.    Item location misrepresentation is a policy violation and eBay won't allow it.  Sorry.   PS You cannot ship perfumes by airmail.  It's considered hazardous and you can get into trouble with customs as well.  Rethink your inventory before eBay restricts your account.  Be careful

Good luck to you. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for your reply 🙂
As for my stock, it will not be perfumes at all. I only sell perfumes from Jordan
I have good information about other goods, but shipping them from the United States will be much cheaper and faster, and of course I will declare the location of the goods and explain the full details.
But I would like to make sure that if I put the correct address and it is in the United States, will eBay consider it dropshipping?
Especially since I learned about the advantage of adding another shipping address

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@lelehob 

Why doesn’t your friend open their own account?

Are you saying you will list things as coming from the USA, when it sells, your friend will purchase the item online and send it to your buyer? 
I think that is retail arbitration and not allowed on eBay.

Can someone confirm/deny this for me?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

It's going to be a complicated mess for taxes and returns, among other things, so I would recommend your friend open their own account and they can pay you something to help them list on that account, but not try to intermingle the two.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for the comment
Well, my friend will not open his own account because I will be the one who will receive the payments and I will buy the goods and ship them to his address.
Well we won't do arbitrage
We will buy the inventory first, based on study and statistics
Then we will put the items into my list
I hope things are clear for you 🙂

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@lelehob 

One question I would have is....Can YOU purchase USPS shipping for those items located in the US? or have you already made arrangements? 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Hello
Thank you for your reply ..
Yes, I can buy shipping from USPS directly, no problem with that

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Basic answer.

If you are holding your inventory in a US location (friend) your Ship From address should be your friends address in the US. You could also use it as your Return Address if that is where you would want any returns sent to.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Yes exactly, that's what I plan to do, but I'm still worried about my address as a seller, especially since it's outside the United States.
Thank you for the helpful reply 🙂

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

"my friend will not open his own account because I will be the one who will receive the payments"

I'd be more worried about my friend feeling used and figuring out he might as well open an account, buy inventory and take in the payments himself since he's doing most of the work.  You'll be sitting in Jordan on a screen counting money while this poor chap has to trip over boxes in the garage and deal with hours of shipping every week in addition to screen time needed to run his end of the business. 

I don't think we're hearing the full story.  It isn't quacking like a duck.  

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for expressing your concern about the man. I will inform him of that and I think he will be grateful for your kind sentiments.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

If you have not done so already, your next step would be to enroll in Managed Payments and enter your checking account number to receive payouts.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@lelehob 

I would contact eBay and see what they can suggest.

Good luck to you!

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

This is exactly what I did and they told me that it was okay, but I heard that the eBay support team sometimes does not provide correct or accurate information, so I wanted to know the opinion of those with real experience.

Thank you again, your responses made me happy 🙂

Message 15 of 19
latest reply