cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your thoughts on the upcoming new user agreement

EBay states at ebay policies are clear & services are easy to use.

Is the new user agreement an improvement ?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I'm getting confuzzeled.  Hasn't the user agreement been released, and weren't we sharing our thoughts in this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Please-share-your-thoughts-on-the-New-Seller-Update/td-p/29771...

I'm not sure I have enough thoughts for two threads.

Remember that tune from deliverance.... dueling banjos. 

de de de de de de de de de

du du du du du du du du du

LOVE THAT TUNE

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

The ebay new user agreement will be applicable to all ebay buyers and sellers, effective May 30th.

I would recommend your review of the document.

Your thoughts were expressed upon the seller update

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The Seller Update and the Ebay User Agreement are two different things.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

EBay states at ebay policies are clear & services are easy to use.

Is the new user agreement an improvement ?

There isn't much there, the GTC thing is nothing at all. The Managed Payments language is interesting but I don't see any surprises. I will have another look at that part sometime.

Are there any other sections which have changed since last October?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Here is the announcement.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Updates-to-the-eBay-User-Agreement/ba-p/29730269

At eBay, we strive to make our policies clear and our services easy to use. As part of that commitment, we’re announcing some changes to the eBay User Agreement.

Our updated User Agreement will take effect on May 30, 2019 for all users. You can read the updated User Agreement as of today, April 30, 2019, on eBay.com.

Key updates:

• Good ‘Til Cancelled listings: We have changed Good ‘Til Cancelled listing renewal terms from every thirty (30) days to once every calendar month.  
  • Managed payments: We have added language relating to our managed payments experience for participating sellers.   

Thank you for being a part of the eBay community.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Basically the seller update is the summarized version for those who don't read legalese. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Basically the seller update is the summarized version for those who don't read legalese. 

I don't agree.  They are two completely separate documents.  The Spring Seller Update does not even come close to covering all the stuff that is in the UA.  Just my observation.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

6. Listing Conditions

"We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:

• buyer's location, search query, browsing site, and history;
    • item's location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
    • seller's history, including listing practices, Detailed Seller Ratings, eBay policy compliance, Feedback, and defect rate; and
    • number of listings matching the buyer's query,
  • To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer,
  • Some advanced listing upgrades will only be visible on certain Services, "

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259#6.%20Listing%20C...

1) So, does this clause confirms that the platform will manipulate + only allow what it thinks the user/member will see. Not ALL listings/insertions by user/member are being shown. 

I'm open to any corrections to my meager interpretation of this latest User Agreement.  

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

That clause has been in the UA for at least 5 years (maybe longer).

There are a number of completely legitimate reasons why it's there.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@callahanmagic wrote:

6. Listing Conditions

"We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:

• buyer's location, search query, browsing site, and history;
    • item's location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
    • seller's history, including listing practices, Detailed Seller Ratings, eBay policy compliance, Feedback, and defect rate; and
    • number of listings matching the buyer's query,
  • To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer,
  • Some advanced listing upgrades will only be visible on certain Services, "

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259#6.%20Listing%20C...

1) So, does this clause confirms that the platform will manipulate + only allow what it thinks the user/member will see. Not ALL listings/insertions by user/member are being shown. 

I'm open to any corrections to my meager interpretation of this latest User Agreement.  

-

Lucas

While disturbing to be sure, that clause has been around for years.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@slippinjimmy , + @mam98031 

My bad for not keeping up on the UA of said platform.  

-

Lucas

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@callahanmagic wrote:

@slippinjimmy , + @mam98031 

My bad for not keeping up on the UA of said platform.  

-

Lucas

LOL  It's been quite a while since you have taken a peek at the UA.  Why?  It is so FUN to read!  LOL

On a more serious side, that clause was added way back when Ebay required ALL sellers to re-up their confirmation they agreed to the UA.  Ebay has only done that once in all the years I've been here that I remember and it was when they added that clause a few years back.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

×××××××××××××××××××××

Consider the user agreement as being a contract specifying terms, conditions, along with the rights & powers that ebay holds , rights you waive or agree to be constrained, will not enforce etc

Message 14 of 14
latest reply