cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sewing machine case smelt a little musty

I sold a 1980 Bernina 830 record sewing machine for only $500.00 it was worth an easy $650.00 but I am not greedy and wanted to sell it fast not wait 6-months for a sale. I bought the machine untested and bought 15 presser feet and a case , presser knee bar and pedal holder putting together a package. The case had a musty smell I washed it out with mr clean and put charcoal in it. I was going to keep this it was almost mint and ran perfect but I sold it and the very ungrateful buyers only comment .I can"t stand that musty smell and never even gave me positive feedback. I spent many hours finding the machine risking my money on a untested machine. I spent hours cleaning oiling and adjusting the machine and this is all I get it smell musty. I feel like giving them a nice ungrateful feedback because I am **bleep** off. I wish I had lots of money I would have told them to send it back .Face it some people nothing makes them happy.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Welcome to the world of selling -

Life Is Not Fair.jpeg

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@pristinemachine1222  What ever happened to this transaction?

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

It went off without a hitch, but had a mild hint of entitlement.

Well, there was a bit of a stink about the deal.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Well, smelt is a small fish and fish stink.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Musty smells remind me of old, dying people.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

It went off without a hitch, but had a mild hint of entitlement.

Well, there was a bit of a stink about the deal.

tsk tsk..........lol

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Go and read all of your stellar feedback, then have a drink or a cup of tea or take a nice walk and forget about it. I've seen so much worse and you're selling to the world here - you're going to get all types.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

WEll... the OP is still selling sewing machines and parts... they never came back to this thread to update... since September!

Message 23 of 23
latest reply